Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Wish List
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Wish List
Message Icon Topic: Joe's Wish List Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Topic: Joe's Wish List
    Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:06pm
They consist mostly of creature comforts.  Performance mods aren't listed at all.

A cluster from a 2500.  I want the trans temp gauge!  I don't want to fork over a lot of cash for an Escalade or Denali cluster, tho.

Rear audio controls.  I have a saved search on eBay and have seen a couple lately but they've been part of auctions with the rear portion of the console from an Escalade/Denali.  I don't need all that crap.  Plus, I am not totally sure that it would fit in the existing pocket due to the rear vents.  A auction that is going on right now would be kewl because the controls are mounted lower and the top pocket area has two 12v outlets.  But the color of the console portion is totally wrong and the flip down cup holder is missing.  I dunno if I could deal with trying to color match it with dye/paint, either.  And I would have to find the wiring harnesses to connect the controls and 12v outlets up.  I am sure those would be a mint from a dealer.

Driver Information Center.  I also have a saved search on eBay for this.  These hardly ever come up.

Heated rear seats.  Well, my kids want this one.  The second to last auction that had the rear audio controls also had the buttons for the rear seat heater.  I could have used those but, anyway...

Not much, huh?

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 5:31am
The DIC is a biggie! It requires a new harness that is a four hour installation at the shop and the cost of the time and materials can get up there!
  • dunno
  • Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    avalanchuck
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 6:32am
    Originally posted by JoeSpicoli

A cluster from a 2500.  I want the trans temp gauge!  I don't want to fork over a lot of cash for an Escalade or Denali cluster, tho.

Yeah tell me about it... my speedo is out, my rpm gauge is out and my voltmeter is out in my cluster... I was debating on taking it in and getting the plain jane cluster replaced or just ordering one from a guy on CAFCNA... 

It's a Denali cluster with platinum bezels & red needles.  Can't say I don't have good taste!Big%20smile  It'll cost around $350 if I want to order it!Ouch  I guess its time to dust off my negotiating skills and see if I can talk the dealer into letting me pay the extra cost for a Denali cluster if I can get my broke ass down cluster replaced under my extended warranty.Geek

Here's the link I pulled the pictures from on CAFCNA.

Edited by avalanchuck - 17 May 2007 at 6:37am
    2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
    IP IP Logged
    justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 7:25am
    Oh man, that sucks Chuck. Sorry to hear about that. Might as well go for the cool toys if you are going to have to do the work anyway.Wink
    Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    JoeSpicoli
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2007 at 9:16am
    OMG.  I had no idea that the DIC install was that bad.  That does not bode well because I am such a cheap b@stard!

Chuck, that sucks about your cluster.  Hopefully the dealership will let you upgrade and cover the cost.  Ya never know if you don't ask!

-Joe
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
    IP IP Logged
    chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 8:24pm
    Chuck, that is the one I have, Its looks nice and it has the trans temp guage, awesome for towing, not that it goes up much, a little on the passes but its better than a light that turns on after your transmission has overheated.

Edited by chadstr - 18 May 2007 at 8:33pm
    Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
    IP IP Logged
    avalanchuck
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 7:09am
    Well I got my Av back from the dealer yesterday... when I went in I asked if I could pay the difference and upgrade to a cluster with the temp. gauge for the tranny.  He said he would check on it.  I told I really liked the Denali cluster.  Well I now have the temp. gauge... but its just a remanufactured stock cluster.  I suppose that's better than no speedo, no tach, no voltmeter AND no temp. gauge for the transmission!  It basically cost me $100 for the deductible through my extended warranty.
    IP IP Logged
    justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 7:27am

That's not bad! Glad they got everything working for you again!Thumbs%20Up

Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    JoeSpicoli
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 06 Jun 2007 at 6:49pm
    Well, that's pretty kewl that it only cost you the deductible.  And I guess you would have had to pay that to get it replaced, regardless.

Too bad mine is an '02.  Otherwise I'd split, like 30/70 Wink, the cost of a Denali cluster, you could take it, and I'd take the stock one...oh well.
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
    IP IP Logged
    avalanchuck
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2007 at 6:51am
    What not 50/50?!
    IP IP Logged
    Page  of 2 Next >>
    Post Reply Post New Topic