Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Interior Modifications
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Interior Modifications
Message Icon Topic: Switch panel for accesories Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:54am
Black & blue for me... and just the "AVALANCHE" like jr.  I've got the radar detector and the back up camera and will probably get some lights later down the road.

Hey Chad can you get a three position switch (on-off-on)? I'd like one for my back up camera.  If its on in position 1 the camera only works when I go in reverse.  If it on in position 3 the camera is on full-time.
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:47pm

Chuck, I will check on on-off-on, Im sure you can get something but if it will fit is another question. That avalanche logo, although cool, takes up alot of surface space. You know how to get that stuff wired in right, right? I assume you prefer the blue indicators on the switches to. If I do this I may need you to take down your cubby and ship it or deliver it to me to modify.

Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:51pm
Justr,
blue lights on switches to right.
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:06pm
What does that mean? I don't get it.
If white lights will be easier then that is okay too. My stereo and most of my factory dash stuff is blue so that is why I like that idea.
Oh! And how much will this stuff cost us? I'm trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to budget lately with trying to build this garage.Confused

Edited by justjr - 22 May 2007 at 7:08pm
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by justjr

What does that mean? I don't get it.
If white lights will be easier then that is okay too. My stereo and most of my factory dash stuff is blue so that is why I like that idea.
Oh! And how much will this stuff cost us? I'm trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to budget lately with trying to build this garage.Confused

when the switch is turned on, a led turns on, what color do you want it to be? On mine, they are blue because I backlit the entire face with blue, but the blue switches do cost a little more.

IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:22pm

$50

That will get you exactly the same setup I have, except of course the text can be different or not at all. This includes:
1)The Engraved Panel
2)4 blue LED lit Switches
3)Some aluminum L bracket(for mounting stuff)
4)A PC perf board, to mount backlight LED's to
5)11 Blue diffused LED's
6)11 Resistors for LED's
7)14 Terminals blocks mounted on din-rail, so that you can remove the console if you need without cutting wires, and you dont have to connect stuff with butt splices or solder.
8)Jumper bars for terminals  to make it easier to buss circuits together
9)Fully assembled unit, ready for you to tie in your power leads, and switch legs, (4 switched wires, what you want the switches to operate)(4 power leads for the switches power, may be jumpered, depending on what your turning on and how you want the switches to turn off, once the vehicle is off.) (LED backlight power lead, or when you want it to be backlit, with head lights or everytime the ACC circuit goes hot) and (a common or Grnd from the negative of the battery for the LED's)

This does not include shipping it back to you, but Im sure that a meeting of some sort will be easier to do than to ship stuff. Please note, your fixture/cubby will be modified slightly, however it is possible to return it to its original, outside appearance.

So let me know, it would be cool to see some of these in several avs at the next GTG.

Also, I am only walking away with around 10 bucks in my pocket for doing these, so please dont be all Shocked ,be aware Im not raking you over the coals, its some really nice solid, yet engravable material, nice sturdy switches, and blue LED's aren't super cheap yet.

Let me know,
Chadster Smile
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 5:24am
That's a great deal! We can try to hook up in the next week or so or I can send you the money for mine in about the same time frame before you start!Thumbs%20Up
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 6:46am
Originally posted by chadstr

$50

That will get you exactly the same setup I have, except of course the text can be different or not at all. This includes:
1)The Engraved Panel
2)4 blue LED lit Switches
3)Some aluminum L bracket(for mounting stuff)
4)A PC perf board, to mount backlight LED's to
5)11 Blue diffused LED's
6)11 Resistors for LED's
7)14 Terminals blocks mounted on din-rail, so that you can remove the console if you need without cutting wires, and you dont have to connect stuff with butt splices or solder.
8)Jumper bars for terminals  to make it easier to buss circuits together
9)Fully assembled unit, ready for you to tie in your power leads, and switch legs, (4 switched wires, what you want the switches to operate)(4 power leads for the switches power, may be jumpered, depending on what your turning on and how you want the switches to turn off, once the vehicle is off.) (LED backlight power lead, or when you want it to be backlit, with head lights or everytime the ACC circuit goes hot) and (a common or Grnd from the negative of the battery for the LED's)

This does not include shipping it back to you, but Im sure that a meeting of some sort will be easier to do than to ship stuff. Please note, your fixture/cubby will be modified slightly, however it is possible to return it to its original, outside appearance.

So let me know, it would be cool to see some of these in several avs at the next GTG.

Also, I am only walking away with around 10 bucks in my pocket for doing these, so please dont be all Shocked ,be aware Im not raking you over the coals, its some really nice solid, yet engravable material, nice sturdy switches, and blue LED's aren't super cheap yet.

Let me know,
Chadster Smile

Cool!  Like I posted above I'll take the "AVALANCHE" engraving with blue led backlights & blue led switches.  Thanks for doing this Chad!  Heck what kind of beer do you drink?  I'll gladly get you at least a 12-pk to go with the $50!
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:28am
MMMMMMMMMM.........Beer!
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 23 May 2007 at 8:06am
I like the Corona, thanks,

I do have paypal account if thats faster for you all, so I can get stuff ordered. We will still have to arrange to get your cubby hole, so be thinking about when you will be in the springs. I wonder if I could sell them on the other site, Id go a little more, unless they were in CO, CO gets discounted Big%20smile . Although I think they have issues with people selling things on there without paying them something. Anyway, spread the word, Id like to make 1 big order, it saves on shipping.

Thanks,
Chadstr

chadstr@excite.com is my paypal account
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version