Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Interior Modifications
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Interior Modifications
Message Icon Topic: Switch panel for accesories Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 9 Next >>
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Topic: Switch panel for accesories
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:31pm
I have been dreaming of making something to get all of my different mods-switches all in a central location. Since most mods happen one at a time, and some come with their own switches, that dont match each other, I had swiches hanging out all over because I didnt want to poke holes in my dash anywhere. Piaa lights had their own switch, my radar detector, I wanted it tied in so I didnt have the dangling cord to my cigerette lighter, and I also have a sub-amplifier that I didnt want on all of the time, kids ears and all, and as far as the backup camera, I dont have one yet, but I have heard re-accuring dead batteries because of the camera, so I added a switch, Its backlit blue, sinse my sterieo and dash lights are blue, and the switches have blue indicators on them to show when they are on. They all turn off when the ACC circuit turns off so even if I leave switches on, they turn off when I turn the truck off. I engraved it from the back so its solid-mirror like black flat face. VERY COOL LOOKING. I need to adjust the brightness a bit, but it other than that, Im happy about it.

Edited by chadstr - 18 May 2007 at 7:42pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:43pm
another pic
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:44pm
IP IP Logged
sgtwashburn

Quote sgtwashburn Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:08pm
THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN COOL!!!!!!!!!!!   I want One!!! Really Really Really BAD!
2004 WBH, Bermuda Blue, Tint, Grille Guard, CB, Nav, FTADRL's, 4OnHi, DVD, silverstars. Amber flashing LED's front and rear.
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2007 at 6:43am
Me  too!!! Me too!!!
  • :buttrock:
  • Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    avalanchuck
    Admin Group
    Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2007 at 6:38am
    Excellent mod Chad!  Can I get one too?  Thumbs%20Up
    2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
    IP IP Logged
    chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 21 May 2007 at 8:24am
    I will post a pic later, but I had to decrease the intensity, in the dark, It was way too bright. When I bought superbright LED's I suppose they meant it. My son in the back seat was able to color in the lines it was so bright. Its much more subtle and actually looks nicer IMO. I will have to figure how much $ I have in this, there are terminal blocks, 6- 8 dollar a piece in switches, and $20 in LED's, resistors and circuit board and wire. The switches are available in green, red, blue, and  yellow. The LED's will be cheaper if they are red, green, amber, Blue is still relatively new and pricey. I held it up to some red light and it looks really good backlit in red, but if it doesnt match anything else in your truck, its like a turd in a punch bowl. There is also some modification that has to happen to hold the plate into your dome cubby hole. Right now The material I have is black, but there are other colors available to, so alot of options, Give me an idea of what you want for your truck, and I can figure what it will run.

Options:
    1)Switch LED color.... Yellow,red,green,blue
    2)LED backlit color.... Yellow, red, green, blue
    3)Lettering or engraving.... names (what you want them to turn on )for 4 switches, they fit nicely, 5 looks crowded.
    4)Top "Avalanche" engraved....can be changed to something else, but if you want it to be in the Avalanche letters, its gonna take some time...& $
    5)The material color (Mine is black)....Blue, blueberry, sapphire blue, ocean blue, red, ruby, orange, dusy rose, yellow, marigold, parchment, taupe, beige, dark brown, bright green, teal,black forest green, celadon green, hunter green,and black. There are minamal order limits on all of these so its $35 to get any of these other colors in. I have enough black to do a few that since I got mine out of it, will be cheaper, until I need to order more. So let me know what you want and I will start with that.

So give me an idea of what you think you want, I get better prices in bulk, so if you all want the same colors, I can get a better price. Also, there may be some time to help get it installed, some may be able to handle it but some may need help.

Also, the switches are only rated at 10 amps, so relays may need to be put in if what your turning on is higher than that. My PIAA lights came with it so I just used theirs, just FYI

Chadster

Edited by chadstr - 21 May 2007 at 8:25am
    IP IP Logged
    justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 5:22am
    Could you do one of these with just the Avalanche logo and leave the switches unmarked? I mess with stuff too much still to decide what they  will be forever.
    I can't leave anything alone!
  • dunno
  • Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:23am
    YEa, what colors?
    IP IP Logged
    justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:26am
    Black face with blue lights.............Please!
    Just Drive Man!!!
    IP IP Logged
    Page  of 9 Next >>
    Post Reply Post New Topic
    Printable version Printable version