Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Exterior Modifications
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Exterior Modifications
Message Icon Topic: Shop Recomendations & More Post Reply Post New Topic
PicOlio

Online Status: Offline
Quote PicOlio Replybullet Topic: Shop Recomendations & More
    Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 2:21pm
Being still fairly new to Colorado, 100% new to changing a vehicle from stock, and totally new to lifts..... I need some help.

From the CAFC site I read these two threads carefully as I could:

Topic: 07 in the shop getting lifted...

Timgco's Lifted 07 Z

And if you could take the time to view the post I made at:

Lifting for Dummies.... ?

Note: I don't have a clue how to do any of the things I want done myself. I'm an office geek not a mechanic or mechanically inclined in any way shape or form. So I have to pay to have everything done and then just pray it's done right at a fair cost...

What I want.....

I def want it lifted and probably will end up with a suspension and body lift... 3 to 4 inches. Due to costs I'd like to keep my existing stock 18in Aluminum wheels.... New tires are optional though I imagine bigger ones would probably be better.

HOWEVER - I do need the truck to still work fantastic for city driving since it will remain my primary day to day vehicle.

I also want the front windows tinted as dark as I can legally get it...

I'd love the sail LEDs put in...

The sunroof and 3M clearcoat is being done next week most likely....

I also want push bars on the front...

And I'd like rain/wind guards put on (or whatever they're called) to prevent the little shower I get on my head and down the inside of the doors when it's raining outside or if my windows are down when I spray the window wiper fluid...

I'm assuming you guys are going to tell me I also need to get some ambers on the front

So my question is: do any of you have shop recommendations anywhere between Denver and Colorado Springs (I live smack dab in the middle of these two cities so it's an hour in either direction for me) for any of the above?

a) Window tinting recommendations?

b) Getting it lifted (how do you feel about me just using the chevy dealership)

c) Push Bars

d) Getting the LEDs put in

What's the general opinion on just using the service department at the dealership? So far I've had nothing but good service from the Burt Chevy dealer in Parker...

Any advice GREATLY appreciated...especially where the lift is concerned cuz I'm confused!

Thanks!

Deb
Black on Black with Chrome highlights 2007 4WD Z71 LT3 18in Wheels
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 2:50pm
Looking through that first link you'll want to talk to Lloyd aka RockyMtnShowtim.  He has an '03 with a 4" Rancho lift.
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
PicOlio

Quote PicOlio Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 2:58pm
My fear with anything pre-07 is how much has changed.... makes me shiver.. I have a feeling I'm going to have a whole lot of other stuff completed before I can feel confident with my decisions on the lift....and yet... I have no patience and want it done sooooo bad *grin*
Black on Black with Chrome highlights 2007 4WD Z71 LT3 18in Wheels
IP IP Logged
sgtwashburn

Quote sgtwashburn Replybullet Posted: 30 Jun 2007 at 4:13am
I'd talk to "In the Buff" in Parker.  I don't have the number handy, but I know they're in the book.  They could sell and install the lift for you.  They can also get many different types of grille guards for you.  The LED mod takes a couple trips to Radio Shack and about $30.  JR or I could help you do that.  Only takes about 45 minutes or so.  I'm in Elizabeth, so closer than JR.  The other accessories that you are after could be had at In the Buff, too.
2004 WBH, Bermuda Blue, Tint, Grille Guard, CB, Nav, FTADRL's, 4OnHi, DVD, silverstars. Amber flashing LED's front and rear.
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 02 Jul 2007 at 12:29pm
We do a bunch of suspension and frame work at our shop and for the new AV's I would highly recommend looking into the Fabtech kits.
They are a little on the pricey side but thier performance, ride quality and reliability are unmatched.
They also fall under the approved mods for your warranty!
These are the lifts that GM dealers are instlling on the trucks and SUV's prior to sale nation wide.

Edited by justjr - 02 Jul 2007 at 12:30pm
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2007 at 8:59pm

Heyya Picolio, working on a technical end of things myself our shop (Springs Auto and Truck where the last GTG was) does a lot of custom fab work and specialty stuff. We have access to various types of lift kits and accys. As far as window tinting we use Drivers Pro shop for our tinting and graphics and their work is very note worthy, I had my windows tinted there. We also do the custom lighting as far as sail lights, etc. Ive recently done my own door handle lighting, different from the purchased kits which I see can fail in time due to over handling. So if any of this interests you and your looking south give me a hollar and we'll take it to the next step.  

Ken

Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2007 at 6:00am
You know, either contact Ken or myself and we could maybe do this stuff as side work at one of our shops on the weekends to save you a few dollars and let you be involved even if just watching!
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version