Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
GTG Ideas
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : GTG Ideas
Message Icon Topic: GTG to cruise up to Douglas, WY? Post Reply Post New Topic
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Topic: GTG to cruise up to Douglas, WY?
    Posted: 30 Jul 2007 at 9:25am
Well Nicole and I made it back from the National GTG in Rapid City, SD but sad to say the AV did not.  Cry  We left Rapid City Saturday morning after having breakfast with the AV crew and swung up by Devils Tower on the way home.  We got to Gillette, WY about 12:30 pm gased up and had lunch and then got on WY state highway 59.  About 40 miles from Douglas, WY cruising about 75 mph the AV sputtered and died.  I tried shifting into neutral and starting but I couldn't get the truck to run.  We coasted over to the shoulder and after several tries finally called AAA for a tow truck.  By the time we got into Douglas the dealer and all the autoparts stores were closed.  Luckily for us Nicole has an aunt & uncle that live in Cheyenne.  They came the 100 miles and picked us up and took us down to the Budweiser plant outside Ft Collins where a friend came and picked us up to get us back to Denver.  I've got calls in to the dealer in Douglas to find out when they can work on my AV.

So who wants to cruise up the Douglas, WY on saturday?  Smile

(If my AV is ready to come home that is...Shocked)

2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2007 at 11:44am

Maybe, I have a aunt and uncle that live in Torington Wy that I have been needing to go see for a while. Let me get back with you. I assume you are wanting a ride. Check to see how far it is from where you are needing to end up at. The down side is I will be bringing the whole crew...not a whole lot of room after me, my wife, two kids (with carseats) Rufus (border collie) and Winston (English Bulldog). but if the dogs can ride in the back then we may be good. I will give them a call and see whats up.

Chadster
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 9:07am
Thanks for the offer Chad but I think we've got it covered.  I was just kind of throwing the idea out there.  Doesn't everyone want to visit scenic east Wyoming?! Wink

We definitely owe Nicole's aunt & uncle a nice dinner when we get the truck back.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 11:02am
Well, ok then. I called and they will be gone next weekend anyway...so it all works out...I hope you getting your ave works out well to.
Chadster
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 9:42pm
The AV is safe and sound in the driveway once more.  Nicole and I went and picked it up this afternoon. Smile
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version