Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
GTG Ideas
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : GTG Ideas
Message Icon Event: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck - Event Date: 30 Sep 2007 Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 7 Next >>
beercrazy

Online Status: Offline
Quote beercrazy Replybullet Calendar Event: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck
    Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 10:02pm
During our Pikes Peak rendezvous today I spoke with Joe and Chadstr about having a mod gtg at my work (Springs Auto and Truck). Agreed was all that a mod was needed so Im gonna start this thread out by finding out who would attend, now this isnt just a mod gtg its also for veh. maint. such as oil changes, brake repairs, fluid changes etc. This shop is a full service shop with lifts, air and all needed supplies. I would recommend that if any parts are needed try to get them ahead of time, but in the instance that parts are needed Im sure we could get a ride to the nearest parts store. Ill get the date and post it on this thread as soon as tomorrow or the next day being the 21st or 22nd of Aug. It will infact be on a Sunday as Mon. thru Sat. are normal buisness days for the shop. Lets keep each other posted as things progress.        Ken

Edited by avalanchuck - 27 Aug 2007 at 8:45am
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 7:15pm
Sweet!  Thanks for starting the thread, Ken!

I have updated the main page with a blurb on this in the Latest Club News section: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/

Anyone have any Sundays in mind?  I'd like to do it on a Sunday that I don't have my kids - otherwise I will not be able to spend much time at the GTG. 

Sundays coming up that would work for me are:

Sept 2nd
Sept 16th (maybe - I might go to a concert)
Sept 30th

Let's hear form you!

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 8:32pm
RIGHT ON!!!!!!  You just pic the day dude, and I will be there. I have had Ken's shop do some work on my truck, and he isnt joking...it has everything. Ken, will it be possible to do things like duel exhaust work, like will somebody be there on staff (other than you since you will be part of the GTG) that normal work can be done? It may be a way to bring in some extra $$$ for the boss. I was just wondering. None the less, You just pick it, and unless I am dead, I will push my ave there if I have to. (Its only about 3 miles from where I live) Clap

Edited by chadstr - 22 Aug 2007 at 8:33pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 7:14am
Thanks for setting this up Ken!  I'd be up for Sept. 9th or 30th.
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2007 at 10:52pm
Ok cast and crew were all set for the 30th of September, I will be at the shop there from 8 in the morning till the last person leaves or the boss leaves..I have in the past week purchased a tech 2 scanner and have got the GM link set up to where I can do vehicle programming just like the dealership would do only with me it FREE!! The nice price... I used my truck as the guniea pig for programm updates and to my surprise I had 4 updates that needed to be done, 1 critical transmission shift update for a delayed/soft 1-2 shift. I uploaded the programm just today and have noticed a substancial shift improvement afterwards, so If ya havent done any PCM/VCM updates lately....well now that too can be handled. For those who dont know the location heres a mapquest link. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair. Any questions anyone might have just post and Ill answer them as quick as possible. Hope for a good turn out. maybe it can be a bi-annual thing....  Ken

Edited by duramaxmaxman - 25 Aug 2007 at 10:54pm
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 8:46am
Just edited the thread to add the date.

Thanks Ken!
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 2:07pm
I stopped by the shop on Wednesday and I am having my reaer brakes doen there tomorrow.  This is gonna rock!  Ken said he'd try to make sure a couple of bays are open so we can use lifts if we need to. 

I know I will need a lift because I am doing a bunch of maintenance stuff: front/rear axles, transfer case, & tranny filter/fluid.  I am also going to get a fuel injector flush.  Might have to get Ken to remove the rev limiter with that snazzy new Tech II programmer that he bought!

So, figure out what you want to do, plan for it (like, buy your own fluids/filters - basically your consumables), and just post here if you aren't sure if something can be done or not.

TTYL,

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 2:39pm
We should probably get a list of attendees and the mods they want to do.

I've got a bunch but my remote tailgate & saddlebag mod is at the top.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 10:11pm
I agree chuck, list would be good so we can get an idea of who wants to do what. Im gonna get my door handle lights mount and operational, if I dont get it done prior. I can do my upgrades at anytime so my focus will be on those who need help, and what ever needs done, like helping with the various flush machines. We have a transmission flush, injector flush, power steering flush and a coolant flush machine which is presently broken but can still be performed the old fashion way.....garden hose. all the need flush chemicals are avail. and are of the BG product line. The transmission fluid we use is a synthetic dexron 3.  A tire machine and balancer is avail. should someone want to replace tires or just balance them. Any exhaust work that is done like custom exhaust, mufflers or just installing chrome tips should be prearranged just to make sure we have the muffler in stock. Im running a 40 series flowmaster single in dual out with custom pipe and 12 inch angle cut chrome tips, sounds and looks good (giving just an example). Any welding needing done can also be performed at that time, a small fee to cover needed welding supplies is the norm. BTW all exhaust work done is welded not clamped unless requested. Well thats all the added info I can provide for now but if more comes up I'll surelly post it.                 Ken

Edited by duramaxmaxman - 31 Aug 2007 at 10:13pm
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 7:09am
Is it just me or does it seem that there aren't too many committing or even seem all that interested in going to this? I havent heard or seen a whole lot of excitement about it. Confused
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version