Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Wish List
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Wish List
Message Icon Topic: Kens mods Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
beercrazy

Online Status: Offline
Quote beercrazy Replybullet Topic: Kens mods
    Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 11:25pm
1.) My latest mod is going to be the door handle lights. Ive started with the drivers door tonite and it took about 2 hours for 1 door. Im using "evil eyes" LEDs in red and am running them on the puddle lamps CKT. Kinda a long process running the wires just making sure it doesnt interfere with the window operation and then finding the correct wires on the DDM to tap into. Im gonna save all the wiring printouts in case anyone else wants this mod Ill have the info. handy. The "Evil eyes" LEDs I got from Sinister Graphics and they come in a pak of 4 for $10. The rest is just basic wire and splice connectors or "scotch locks" as some people call them. Ill post pics when completed.     

2.)I just recently installed lights in the 2 dash cubbys below the heater/AC panel. Again I used the "Evil eyes" in blue. Real simple install and wire. Im using the cigar lighter as the switch to turn them on/off as I dont smoke in the truck, another simple rewire, did on a lunch hour. Ill post pics when I take some.     

Edited by duramaxmaxman - 05 Sep 2007 at 11:52pm
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2007 at 10:40pm
Sweet!  Those door handle lights were trick!  I'll have to check those other lights out next time I see ya.

Don't tell anyone (so they don't outbid me) but I am bidding on some rear audio controls on eBay from an '02 EXT to put in my Av.  I've emailed the guy and he has the wiring harness but it's still in the vehicle so he has to check out what it will take to get it out.  I am hoping it is a separate wiring harness and not just part of a larger one.  So that might be my next mod.

TTYL,

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2007 at 11:56pm
got a new mod about to take shape. Im planning on installing running board lights. Ill be using the evil eyes LEDs blue in color and they'll be installed from the bottom of each corner of the boardkinda facing at an angle. Im gonna wire them to the dashboard lights ckt. therefore when the key is shut off the dash lights still remain on and as will my doorhandle and running board lights. If all goes as sounds it should look ok, Ill post pics when im finished.
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 10:16pm
Kewl!

I did not get the rear audio controls.  So, no mods on my list.  I saw woof had posted his CAI for sale and it went down to $100. and was sold  If I had seen the thread sooner, I would have bought it.
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2007 at 9:08pm
Well I completed my latest mod, my running board lights are in and working, just finished them up yesterday and havent got pics yet but soon....I rewired my door handle lights to the dash light ckt and am much happier with that set-up. My RB lamps are also wired to the dash ckt.therefor intensity can be adjusted with the dash lamps, cause at full they are somewhat bright.              Ken
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 31 Oct 2007 at 7:08am
Originally posted by duramaxmaxman

Well I completed my latest mod, my running board lights are in and working, just finished them up yesterday and havent got pics yet but soon....I rewired my door handle lights to the dash light ckt and am much happier with that set-up. My RB lamps are also wired to the dash ckt.therefor intensity can be adjusted with the dash lamps, cause at full they are somewhat bright.              Ken

2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 12:12am
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561292698aogINK 
heres a couple of pics of my latest mod. sorry for the poor quality, it was cold outside that early. Ill get some better pics soon.
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 03 Nov 2007 at 4:28pm
With the red and blue lights, you just need to throw a light bar on top and people with think you are a police officer!

Nice.  it will be neat to check those out at night sometime!

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
shawnemac

Quote shawnemac Replybullet Posted: 18 Jan 2009 at 9:12pm
ken i just did the sail panel mod with red led how did you set in the led not sure if iam happy with my results.

Confused
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 19 Jan 2009 at 1:21pm

you have to file them so they fit snug and then before you put them in you need to make sure the pillar behind them will allow them to set all the way down. How did yours turn out?.....

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version