Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Exterior Modifications
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Exterior Modifications
Message Icon Topic: Check my work... Post Reply Post New Topic
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Topic: Check my work...
    Posted: 28 Nov 2007 at 11:08pm
I have looked for years now at different Suspension lifts and wheel and tires, different trucks driving by blah blah blah. But I think I have settled but I want to make sure that nobody has heard anything bad about the Pro-comp 5" lift. I will get the MX-6 shocks as well as procomp wheels and some 33" tires on it. This kit leaves the front linkages almost exactly how its running now so there shouldnt be any more wear and tear on the UV joints. I will be buying it in steps so I will be buying the lift in a few weeks. Check my homework will ya if you dont mind, thanks in advance.
Chadster
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 29 Nov 2007 at 5:57am
I have looked into lifts extensively.
Procomp is the best alternative out there after Fabtech.
The Fabtech is # 1but is also a lot more money.
The superlift and Rancho kits are not as consistent and usually require to many added expenses and modifacations.
I have done three at the shop recently to an AV and two Tahoes.
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 4:07pm
I've read a little bit about leveling kits.  I don't want to pay the cash for a suspenion lift, and was consiering a body lift, but then the idea of a leveling kit was thrown at me.  Reading the CAFCNA web site, it seems like this is a bad idea for me because I will take the truck off road while hunting (although 90% of the time its on the highway (commuting, not hunting)).

What are your thoughts on leveling kits?

There are torsion keys and then I saw a spacer that goes on top of the strut.  I raced DH mountain bikes, and I definately don't like the idea of topping out suspension.  It seems like the spacer on the top of the strut assembly would be the easiest to install (no special tools), and shouldn't change the suspension at all.  Then again, In ever looked up front ot see if I have struts and still can't understand exactly why the new keys alter the suspension and make it top out if they come with brackets to extend the shocks. Embarrassed

edit: Not sure why the spacer disc option was given to me since I don't have struts in the front.  Or is putting a coil around a shock something different entirely?  I know our DH bikes used a shock to help control compression, but that they weren't required for cross country bikes (smaller "hits" to the suspension).

The kits I was looking at were readylifts through Fatbobsgarage.  I was quoted about 350.00 installed here locally, but would want to do the install by myself (well with a freind or two) so I know exactly how everything works.

Edited by TCR1 - 27 Feb 2009 at 10:29am
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 6:58pm
I never did buy the big lift, I leveled mine and lifted it with keys and spacers 3". I love it. I can put my bigger tires on, but my kids can still get in and out without too much help. It also has made alot of difference on clearence in the hills. Price was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better to.

Chadstr
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version