Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Miscellaneous
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Colorado Av Club Joe's Bar & Grill : Miscellaneous
Message Icon Topic: Sweepstakes and givaways... Post Reply Post New Topic
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Topic: Sweepstakes and givaways...
    Posted: 04 Dec 2007 at 5:49pm
If your like me, you probably have never won anything from any of these things or even know anyone who has. Well two weeks ago my dad goes into Circuit City and they give him a card with a code on it to enter to win several smaller electical toys like cameras and video games, with the grand prize being a new Mazda CX9, a 30 thousand dollar car. Well the next morning he gets up, types in the code on the website and is told he is a winner. He like me thinks right whatever, so he enters my moms code and it comes back, sorry your code isnt a winner please try again tomorrow. So he gets a little excited but thinks, there are strings attached. He got a call yesterday from Circuit City, who confirm who he is, and then tell him which dealer he needed to go to to pick out his color so they can order it for him if they didnt have it, and that they were already aware he was coming. He goes in, is met at the door, and is taken to the managers desk, given the full treatment, picking out his color and they of course are trying to get him to pay for all of the bells and whistles for it, but ultimatly....it looks legit and he will have a new car by the end of January, pending they dont find one that matches the $$$ amount, and color from another dealer.  CRAZY. I now can say that I at least know a winner Smile

Edited by chadstr - 04 Dec 2007 at 5:51pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 26 Dec 2007 at 12:27pm

Kewl!  I've never known anyone to win anything like that, either.

Tell me, how do you deal with the taxes on a big win like that?  If he takes possesion in '08, does it go against his '08 taxes?

You'll have to post some pics when he does take delivery.
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 26 Dec 2007 at 1:31pm
Hey we can now say we know someone who knows someone that has won a giveaway! Thumbs%20Up
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 9:38pm
So, I guess its a done deal, they are now trying to sell their 07 Nissan Murano. Does anybody need a perfect $42000 car for $32000. He is taking a hit, but he really dont need two cars, one will just sit around a rot. I can vouch for it...its never been smoked in, it has low mileage, full leather, rear entertainment, GPS system, keyless start (as long as you have the Keyfob in pocket, you can unlock and start it with a button), AWD Power seats, heated powered mirrors, sunroof. Basicaly, its the top of the top lines, and its dark grey. Figured I would throw this out, its a good deal just not really what my wife wants to end up with, and well I need the Av for work....Let me know.

Edited by chadstr - 20 Feb 2008 at 9:38pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version