Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Colorado Springs
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : Colorado Springs
Message Icon Event: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck - Event Date: 04 May 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:10pm
Good thinking, everybody need to be told where to go sometimes LOL My wife tells me all the time.
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
NORTH CO AV

Quote NORTH CO AV Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 1:39pm
OK just went down and got my 2 knock sensors and Intake manafold gasket $$$$(wow!) just to confirm can we buy the T-case and Dif fluid from your shop?  
Enjoy the ride
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 2:33pm
Im sure he will answer but yes he has lubes of all sorts. You can bring your own too if you have a special brand you prefer. Trust me when I say, the shop is set up. I love this GTG, can you tell?
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 2:43pm

Any hard parts such as filter kits, brakes etc sould be purchased ahead of time, therefore utilizing lift times accordingly, depending on how many members show. Fluids such as oil can be purchased at the store for a reasonable price. We use Havoline 5w-30 motor oil as well as 5w-20 and 15w-40 oil for diesels. transmission fluid is a dexron 3 synthetic blend and gear oils include 75-140 synthetic for gear boxes and the conventional 80-90 gear lube. Both coolant types are avail. being dexcool and ethelglycol green coolant.

There is a Checker auto supply store nearby and a pepboys for any last minute purchases needed.  I pretty much have all the tools needed for nearly any repair, hand tools, jacks, airtools etc are covered unless you bring your own tools. I have my own tech 2 scanner for SES lights and needed updates if reqd.

Ken
[/QUOTE]

Like he said just in case, there are stores close and the shop has a go and get it truck if yours is down!!!!

Edited by chadstr - 30 Apr 2008 at 2:44pm
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:22pm
This GTG ROCKS!

I still plan on the water pump/flush, front brakes, and alignment.  Not sure I'm gonna be able to get the tires before hand, tho.

I think when I look for a house in Oregon, I need one with a shop and a garage.  Yeah right!

See you bright and early Sunday morning!
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 11:02pm

Hey Matt, yes we have the fluids there that you need but I am running short on Autotrak fluid for the  tcase but I will restock in time for Sunday, so all fluid fears set aside...

I think were gonna hire on Chadstr as our official spokes person. lol

Chad pretty much summed it all up in his posts so on that note I look forward to see you all again and meeting you Matt for the first time, This is on GTG that will never get old......cya guys in a few days.

Once again if theres any last minute details Ill post them as usual  Thumbs%20Up

Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by duramaxmaxman

I think were gonna hire on Chadstr as our official spokes person. lol

[/QUOTE

So does it pay well? I tell you what maybe we can work in some more shop time Smile

See ya

Edited by chadstr - 01 May 2008 at 12:54pm
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:11pm
Alright this is the head count that I see so far...pretty good group...

duramaxman-aka Ken-Dont know what hes doin, probably helping out, we probably all need it Tongue

JoeSpicoli-aka Joe-water pump, front brakes, alignment

NorthCoAv-aka Matt-knock sensors, Intake man gasket, T-case and diff fluid flush

avalanchuck-aka Chuck-? Not sure what he is doing

Shawnemac-aka Shawn- Stopping by sometime to meet everyone, Im certain he will get the mod bug...he is new

Chadstr-aka-Chad-Torsion keys,pitman/idler support arms, rear lift, tranny flush-filter and valve, oil change, maybe I can get Joe to help or at least give some pointers so I dont dump tranny fluid all over myself like he did last timeSmile It wasnt Joe, I forgot.

I wanted to throw something out there...I have a remote start system if anybody would be interested... they really dont take to long for me to install.

Edited by chadstr - 02 May 2008 at 12:36pm
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by chadstr

- snip -

Chadstr-aka-Chad-Torsion keys,pitman/idler support arms, rear lift, tranny flush-filter and valve, oil change, maybe I can get Joe to help or at least give some pointers so I dont dump tranny fluid all over myself like he did last timeSmile 

I wanted to throw something out there...I have a remote start system if anybody would be interested... they really dont take to long for me to install.

That was Darren...the 2500 doesn't have a drain plug.  Poor guy.  That would have been a good time to install an aftermarket drain plug kit. 

The 1500 has a drain plug, so there is no chance of wearing it!  Wink

2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:34pm
My bad, I forgot he was the one with the wet shirt all day.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version