Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
GTG Ideas
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : GTG Ideas
Message Icon Topic: Show and Glow Post Reply Post New Topic
beercrazy

Online Status: Offline
Quote beercrazy Replybullet Topic: Show and Glow
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 10:58pm
With all the mods going on lately and the summer nights coming up we all like to light up our Avs, make them look good at night, well hows about an evening show and glow to show off those fancy light jobs. Any takers? We can have it in Denver or the Springs at a Sonic drive in or some place like that.........                            Ken
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 9:54am
Yea, I have an idea who would take this one......Mr. lights on the door handles......Smile
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 1:18pm
LOL....your killin meLOL.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 10:17pm
That does sound like fun,and I love Sonic! I have another cool idea for inside lights...Im not sure I want them, but maybe I will think of something cool. You know where I covered over my airbag stickers, I was thinking of making another plate backlit that would turn on with the dome light........Im just not sure if it would be to much inside my truck.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 10:57pm
Hey Chad I got this cool idea on what to do with door handles, lol
Well I went over to Thomas trophies and nameplates to have the stitching done with my headrests and the lady told me she needed the headrests separated from the cloth....well I had totally forgotten how much fun it was to skin a headrest, its quiet a chore mind you, but its off and their being stitched. Reinstallation is actually easier than removal, got this really neat trick that works. Come to think of it......lighted headrests, theres a thought.....who knows.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:03pm
Yea, in the other website I sorta mentioned the trouble of getting those things off, to get them back on I used a pull strap, and pulled down to the strap and then moved it, cinched the crap out of it again and pulled the cover down to the strap. When you said you had leather ones, I was 99.9% sure you had cloth, but I figured you knew better than me...turns out you didnt. Clap What you having done? I was tied between the Logo or just a large AV in the font.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 11:08pm
I kinda like the look of the Av name as you had, keeps the elegance in place. The idea I have for installing them is to put the headrest in a small plastic shopping bag and using a shop vac suck the air from the bag till the headrest collapses and slipping the entire unit in the cover then releasing the vac and allowing the foam to reexpand filling the cover and fitting into place. Thats the way GM says to perform this repair and it does work.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version