Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Interior Modifications
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Interior Modifications
Message Icon Topic: A little good,and a little bad! Post Reply Post New Topic
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Topic: A little good,and a little bad!
    Posted: 28 Sep 2008 at 6:06pm
Well, I got tired of procrastinating, so I put the black letters on my tailgate that I have had for 2 years....and a backup camera. Of course I needed to get the monitor right.... So why not go big.?.

I went with a AVIC-D3 with Navigation,Bluetooth, DVD, Remote control, Backup camera, I-Pod cable/contoller, Sirius (already had that, just hooked it up to this one) plays every sort of form of file type and its touchscreen. I changed a few pins on the backside so I could use the navigation while on the move. Install went pretty smooth, I am pretty familier with wires and such Wink It took me about 3 hours, most of which is trying to figure where the best place to put all of the modules back in the dash so they dont rattle like a bunch of aluminum cans in a bag. I would post pictures but it seems that that isnt working right now, at least for me....this is the little good.

The little bad comes when I start my truck today, leaving taco bell, and I hear a bad vibration coming from the truck when I revved it a bit backing out, I thought it was just a seat belt rattling on the door or something. Later I checked and it wasnt that, my exhaust tip was hitting my truck...wierd since when I welded the hangers on, there was 1/2 inch clearance on both sides from the truck, and I put on some ridgid hangers. So I crawl under the truck and it looks like something has shifted, but I still cant figure out what. So I just thought I could grind the weld off, move it down a bit to get my clearance back in and then weld it again. With this in mind I thought I better look at the other side, and low and behold a revelation...the reason. A dumb butt appearantly hit my bumper, creased it a bit, and the top plastic is buckeled a bit. They hit my fender right next to the bumper leaving a good sized dent and a scratch. And they hit my exhaust tip which took and skewed my entire exhaust system to the passenger side..... I bought this truck new in 03, I have had very minor little scratches in it (always from others) but I baby this thing because that is just how I am with all of my things. It really chaps me that somebody tagged my truck and didnt have the descency to even leave a note. Im in a crappy mood right now, again I would show pics if I could, but I cant. Im going to go eat worms now. Cry

Chadstr

Edited by chadstr - 28 Sep 2008 at 8:20pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 12:04pm
Sorry to hear that Chad!  Angry  Don't you just love people today?!
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 1:32pm
No, I hate people today!.!

I worked a little on it today, I got my exhaust back to straight, worked out my bumper and realigned it. I pushed out the dent for the most part,(learning paintless dent repair from my cousin has finally come in handy somewhat, not all dents are fixable) but will need to get some work done on it sometime, the paint is flaking off. i probably should have posted the last part in the exterior modification huh Smile Im doing better today, yesterday I wanted to kill everyone in a white car.(white paint transfer)Now I just want to drive over them. Im hoping that by the end of the week I will just be flipping all white cars off. So im making progress, however I havent looked at the truck for a few hours now, so it is possible that I regress to kill mode. Ill hope for the best. 
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2008 at 7:07pm
Over $2000.00 Im so stinking happy right now, I could kiss  a frog.
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 2008 at 1:24pm
Shocked

Damn Chad that sucks!
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 8:12am
Sorry to hear about your truck Chad but Some people just dont care, I try to make a habit of parking farthest from any buisness, even then Im sure its just a matter of time. It happened for me at work when one of my peers parked a customers veh. next to mine and the door flew open putting a door ding in the L/R corner, costing me $75 to have removed, I never did find out who the individual was.........
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 06 Oct 2008 at 8:45pm
Argh!  Gotta hate that crap!  Hopefully some of the pain has worn off, Chad.

But how the hell did they not see your big Av?!?

-Joe
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version