Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Wish List
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Modifications : Wish List
Message Icon Topic: TCR1's projects completed Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
TCR1

Online Status: Offline
Quote TCR1 Replybullet Topic: TCR1's projects completed
    Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:01pm
I wanted to keep a track of the projects I have completed moreso than a wish list, as I think that will keep growing.

Hope you all don't mind.

But just in case, here are some things coming down the chutes:

Removal of pinstriping Completed3.14.09
Leveling Kit Completed 3.14.09
FullTime Amber Daytime Running Lights Completed
Custom painted Bowtie with Custom Vinyl Rhino Completed 4.23.09
Pioneer F700BT Completed 4.26.2009
Different Z71 Graphics Completed 4.12.09
AVS Ventshade Bugflector IICompleted 4.7.09
Wind/rain deflectors for windows Sending these back and retiring the idea
Summit Racing 8.0mm Spark Plug Wires and NGK TR55GK plugs (June 09)  Completed 7.02.09
Liquid Metal Rhinos + Hankook Dynapro AT M 285 70 R17 Tires Completed 5.11.2009
Custom storage area in hidden spot in console (in progress) This one was killed because I needed a place to store the HD radio stuff.  No more useable storage.  I had the base plate cut out.  Was getting ready to cut the sides and form compartments.  Might have to re-route the wiring to see if it cleans things up...not sure its possible to do the way I want.

Magnaflow clamped in place (new idea in place of full cat back dual exhaust, though that would be preferred))
Oilless High performance Drop in Filter (new idea in place of S&B cold air intake, though that would be preferred)

Billet Grille
Molded Dash Kit or send dash for dipping in a carbon fiber print due to scratches on instrument cluster surround by previous owner.

Edited by TCR1 - 06 Jul 2009 at 8:41am
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:13pm
First things First.  FTADRL
Completed 2-12-2009
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:15pm

Followed by a custom painted bowtie on 2-13 and 2-14-2009

IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:17pm
Next came the refinishing of my cladding with Refinish Restorer on the weekend of 2-27-2009

IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 11:21pm

The Av got some shades on 3-2-2009.  Put on by the folks at Colorado Off Road on Santa Fe and Hampden.  Jerry Jones is the owner of the shop.  Real nice guy and they do good work from what I can tell so far.

IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 8:06am

Lots of work to do still, and as I suspected, its easier to add stuf to the list than to take it offLOL

Edited by TCR1 - 13 Apr 2009 at 9:02am
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 8:28pm
Well a couple more things off the list thanks to Ken!

This weekend I used the torsion bar unloading tool that Ken let me borrow to install Readylift torsion keys.  Then had the truck aligned.

After the alignment, I had some time to remove the pinstriping with the help of a cool little rubber wheel that you attach to a cordless drill.  Thanks Ken!

I think I also figured out how to do multiple pictures in a single post Star

Edited by TCR1 - 15 Mar 2009 at 8:31pm
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 9:31am
I repainted my bowtie due to some heavy chips in it.  Decided to go with a metallic blue.  It matches the new z71 graphics better.  It is a little darker than I thought, but I like it.

I then had some custom vinyl work done by Mr. Sign in Englewood, CO.  I found an image for a semi-pro team and altered it for me.  Here is the final product.  I took the photo with my phone, so its not the best, but gives an idea.  I have some bubbles in the photo but removed them this morning.

Edited by TCR1 - 24 Apr 2009 at 9:33am
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:43pm
The rhino looks good ryan.

I noticed to that you were wanting to put on 285 sized tires...if you didnt raise your front up an extra two inches above level, they may rub on the front when turning...depending on the offset of the wheels you get/have. Right now with mine leveled +2 when I turn clear right, I peeled my mudflaps off, and they were the skinny ones. Just FYI you may have to bump it down a bit. However mine is not cladded so there may be a big difference, I dont know.

Chad

Edited by chadstr - 24 Apr 2009 at 12:45pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by chadstr

The rhino looks good ryan.

I noticed to that you were wanting to put on 285 sized tires...if you didnt raise your front up an extra two inches above level, they may rub on the front when turning...depending on the offset of the wheels you get/have. Right now with mine leveled +2 when I turn clear right, I peeled my mudflaps off, and they were the skinny ones. Just FYI you may have to bump it down a bit. However mine is not cladded so there may be a big difference, I dont know.

Chad

Thanks Chad.  I was told that 285s will fit stock Avys with cladding.  Mine has the keys done like you saw, but that doesn't neccesarily increase clearance.  Just in a certain part of the travel.  Chris has 285s on hers, so I figured I would be good to go (though her wheels are still stock so Confused).  I will check with the folks at Discount tire to see if they will let me do a clearance test.  The 265s just seem so small in it now.

I am going to get the liquid Metal Rhinos (http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheels/liquid_metal/product/byName.do;jsessionid=lLc3J1dCVDzLMlymm1QGXM2R7Ct1K0F7ph6N1G1Z41VxZHM3yn193jnyRQ1P4k5Wcwh5WbJGX90nYfSjjwRMsWNCTQJHXqZ1nC3rXHYbycLYcTvh2cQ19rBLVYrTKzLt!1937123322!210590157?r=CODINT%7Cpc%7C80109&tmn=Rhino&typ=Truck).  They have a 5" back space and are 9" wide, which should bring the outside edge of the tire near the outside of the fender well.  Not sure if this will cause a problem inside though).  The plan is to put those Hankooks on.  They look great, just hope they are as quality as they are reported to be.  I may be getting those on pretty soon since Discount tire has 12 months 0% interest, instead of waiting for July and just paying outright then anyway.

Edited by TCR1 - 27 Apr 2009 at 9:43am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version