Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Denver
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : Denver
Message Icon Event: MOD GTG time Sunday April 19th at 10:00 - Event Date: 19 Apr 2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
TCR1

Online Status: Offline
Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 10:12am
Originally posted by avalanchuck

Just an FYI I moved this topic out of the GTG Idea forum to the Denver Area Forum and added it to the Calendar. 

Thanks for doing this Shawn I've been slammed with contract work lately which is good.  I tried calling on Saturday & left a message.  I'm looking to get my windows tinted if its not too much.

They did my old truck windows a long time ago and did a fantastic job.  I would have had them do my windows this time if they were a little more conveniently located to work for me. 

My windows were 80.00 when I had them done a little over a month ago at another shop.  I wouldn't expect the price to be much different.
IP IP Logged
ChrisInCo

Quote ChrisInCo Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 2:24pm
If we brought a different vehicle, they could tint it, right?
IP IP Logged
shawnemac

Quote shawnemac Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2009 at 3:26pm
yes for sure he does a good job. I was in there today and he is going to try and pick up some plastic restorer and have some avalible on sun. He also can black out tail light with 3m film i saw today. COOL LOOK ..

shawnemac Dead
drk blu Z71 on blk chrm 22" come to the dark side!!
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 9:16am
Is it sunday yet?! Big%20smile
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 9:19am
Originally posted by shawnemac

yes for sure he does a good job. I was in there today and he is going to try and pick up some plastic restorer and have some avalible on sun. He also can black out tail light with 3m film i saw today. COOL LOOK ..

shawnemac Dead

I wonder how that 3M film would hold up on my bowtie.  I've already sanded and painted it twice and have chips again.

I am thinking of going to heavy vinyl.

I might sand and paint my bowtie again Saturday just in case we can do something with Vinyl on Sunday.  I think the chips would show through the vinyl if the bowtie isn't clean.
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 9:41am

I dont think that the 3m will stop thr rocks from taking chunks out of the plastic bowtie. It may stop the paint from chipping off from small debris though. When you put it on say the hood, it stops the small stuff that will take off paint, but it wont stop the rocks that cause dents. Thats why I dont follow anybody.... my windshield appreciates it too. Big%20smile

Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
TCR1

Quote TCR1 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:11pm

I don't think it impacted the plastic, just taking off paint.  I think I did 7 coats of paint with 4 coats of clear coat, so when it comes off, it leaves a noticeable area if you just paint over it again.  Doesn't look bad at a distance, but I want it to look good up close and personal too.

Thanks for the info on the 3M.  I'm going to check a vinyl place tonight to see if they can do something for me.

Edited by TCR1 - 16 Apr 2009 at 1:39pm
IP IP Logged
shawnemac

Quote shawnemac Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2009 at 1:34pm
hey  if you paint the back side of the bow tie and leave the top clear you wont have that problem. Iam going to paint my on sun if you like black or red i will have paint on site sun.

Dead shawnemac Dead
IP IP Logged
shawnemac

Quote shawnemac Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 2:39pm
hope to see all of you on sunday. the shop has a store front but the bay doors are in back. Hopefully the weather wont discourage any of you from comming. avs are 4X4 so it shouldnt be any problem..LOL  If anyone needs directions or gets lost my number is 720-233-2092 i will be there around 10/30  or so......

Shawnemac  Dead
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2009 at 3:13pm
I tried to look into getting a blacked out billet grill, but couldnt find one without some chrome in it. Mark has some pictures for me to look at when I get there. He knows of somebody who can powder coat it for me. Other than that, I made some Avalanche logos in raised Lexan that I would like to put on my doors. Thats all I wanted to do to mine. Im helping a couple do some cubby plates and a LOF. Helping with some wiring. Not really doing much to mine. I think some were going to do some finish restorer, window tinting, and maybe some vinyls. Sounds like a pretty busy day. Im looking forward to it. Im not to worried about weather, except for monument hill can suck sometimes. Im planning on being there right at 10. So Chris and Chuck, we have alot to do too your trucks especially, so the earlier you are there, the more we will be assured of getting our stuff done. Tongue
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version