Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Miscellaneous
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Colorado Av Club Joe's Bar & Grill : Miscellaneous
Message Icon Topic: Stolen Av. Post Reply Post New Topic
beercrazy

Online Status: Offline
Quote beercrazy Replybullet Topic: Stolen Av.
    Posted: 16 May 2010 at 8:42am
I had quite an experience Friday morning thought id share it with the club.

I had started my truck and backed it out of the garage Friday getting ready to head to work, I shut the garage down and left the truck running and walk to the front door to grab my lunch and shut the front door, never loosing eye contact of the truck. as I was on my front porch locking the door I noticed a kid walking down the sidewalk as they do heading to school, my house is near the local high school so not unusual to see kids walking down the sidewalk at that time of morning, not thinking anything of it I stopped to see if the recent flowers I had planted had started to come up, well out of the corner of my eye I see my truck rolling down my driveway.....well for a moment I was mezmerized when it hit me....my truck was being stolen, this kid had gotten in my truck and was backing out my driveway, well I dropped my lunch and ran after the truck makeing a 15 foot jump from the grass to the driveaway landing on the hood holding on just below the wipers, as he drove out of the drive way at full throttle making a left turn in reverse I was thrown off the hood to the asphalt rolling several times before I stopped.

He proceeded to keep backing up in reverse crossing the street and slamming into the curb on the otherside, I live on a busy street with 4 lanes.. he slammed the curb so hard it blew out the left rear tire... just at that moment a police car had been driving down the road in the same direction he was pointed, well apperantly he seen this and took off full throttle down the street with the cop behind him, as sirens blaring and lights flashing....

Of course the only thing I could think of was what kinda shape is the truck gonna be in when I see it again.... well I went back in the house and called 911 and reported it stolen and explained about the police being in persuit at the time.... well 30 minutes went by after the police came to the house taking statements and description of the truck and the driver..... an officer came to the door and said hed take me to my truck, wekll at that time I was ready for the worst..... well as we approached the truck approximatly 3 blocks away I was amazed that no body damage was done, seems the only damage was to the left rear wheel at tire and the left fron tire had a large slice in the sidewall..... I had the truck towed to work for closer inspection and no other damage was noticed...thank god!!!  telling by the pics it could have been alot worse.....

Well the kid got away and hasnt been caught yet, but I was told by the officer that when he abandoned the truck he had thrown a gun in the hard where he jumped out and proceeded to hop fences through residents back yards so the investigation still continues.....

Just goes to show that even if your within eye contact of your vehicle doesnt mean its safe....... guess luck was on my side there.

Beercrazy!!

Edited by beercrazy - 16 May 2010 at 9:07am
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2010 at 5:16pm
OMG! I cant believe it....what in the heck was the kid thinking. Im so very glad you got her back and as well as it is. If it had been a car the first curb would have probably destoyed it. My mouth dropped when you told me the story earlier...CRAZY CRAP MAN.
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:29pm
Well on the lighter side I did speak with an agent from Progressive and they said it would be covered with insurance, less the 500 deductable but hey Ill take what I can get. A new rim and 2 fresh shoes for the rear and Im back in buisness...actually I have 2 spare rims now, kinda a lucky deal there finding someone else with the same size wheels selling them at a decent price.... still could have been much worse.....                 
IP IP Logged
IBMike

Quote IBMike Replybullet Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 4:34pm
Damn... what a scary story... especially the part about the gun! Good thing you got thrown off the hood... no telling what might have happened if you hadn't!

I'm the guy you "chased down" to Sand Creek yesterday... nice to meet you, thanks for saying hi!! WIll try and be better about stopping by here and seeing what's up!!
Headed to the Springs in Feb 2010!
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 7:41pm
It was nice meeting you as well Mike even as awkward as a meeting it was. Everything worked out in getting the Av. back up and going. You have an awesome rig yourself, maybe we can help ya show it off more "Colorado" style..... Welcome to Colorado Mike !!! 
                                         Beercrazy (Ken)

Edited by beercrazy - 11 Sep 2010 at 7:47pm
IP IP Logged
IBMike

Quote IBMike Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 6:42am
Originally posted by beercrazy

It was nice meeting you as well Mike even as awkward as a meeting it was. Everything worked out in getting the Av. back up and going. You have an awesome rig yourself, maybe we can help ya show it off more "Colorado" style..... Welcome to Colorado Mike !!! 
                                         Beercrazy (Ken)
THanks! I'll admit my Av has been neglected; it was parked outside under a cover for 2 years while I was in Japan, and my second battery went dead, so a lot of my mods aren't currently powered... I bought a new Harley while I was in Japan, and it took most of my attention when I got back.

Look forward to hooking up with the group sometime!
Headed to the Springs in Feb 2010!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version