Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
GTG Ideas
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs) : GTG Ideas
Message Icon Topic: GTG ideas for 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
chadstr

Online Status: Offline
Quote chadstr Replybullet Topic: GTG ideas for 2011
    Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 6:25pm
Here are a few that myself and a few I have talked to have thought would be sorta cool. Post up if you are interested or not, or if you have any ideas, please put them in here. I hope to have at least one GTG a month, maybe more if we include the monthly breakfast.

1) Camping

Most are in tents so we would have to find something that is tent and bathroom friendly campsites...weather needs to be warmer as well (duh huh)

2) Elitch Gardens/Six flags

3) Pikes Peak Speadway

4) Bandimere speedway

5)Fishing Trip

6) Dinner to collect ideas again, Rockyard seems to be a favorite of sorts but Im open to other ideas, a place with really long tables for the entire colorado section of the Ave club can all sit together

Let us all know

Chadstr

Edited by avalanchuck - 07 Mar 2011 at 8:01pm
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 7:39pm
Well let me add my input here.....Spring and Summer are just around the corner so hows about a Drive-in movie night, the drive-in in Pueblo will be opening soon, heres the link    http://www.mesadrive-in.com/  . Or maybe the Friday night drags at PMI, again heres the link  http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.com/
 . hows about a cruze day or maybe a softball game at Palmer Park, the corner of Maizeland and Academy Blvd. for the local crowd or if ya dont mind coming in from out of town. Perhaps an Ice Cream social at a Baskin Robbins or a known Ice Cream joint.....Im sure with gas prices going sky ward the possibilities of many GTGs is gonna be limited, but hey we can all take out a second or third mortage on the house for a GTG...lol. But on the serious side again, those of you who are familiar with Springs Auto and Truck Service center, where we've had several mod GTGs in the past is moveing to a new location, just caddy corner from the current shop in a much larger building. This move will take place in the next month or so. However upon the Grand opening the shop personnel have agreed to a car show and picnic on the premises, granted it may be down the road a bit but Id like to get all our Avs. there and show some Chevy spirit.

Beercrazy
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 8:03pm
Cool guys! 

Let's plan on a spring bbq gtg here sometime in April too.

Just FYI I made this a sticky topic to keep it at the top of the list for now.
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 2:09pm
Here's a link to the thread on the CAFCNA website.
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version