Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
New Members
 Colorado Av Club Forums : Colorado Av Club General : New Members
Message Icon Topic: Newbie? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
PicOlio

Online Status: Offline
Quote PicOlio Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 1:02pm
LOL You caught me

I originally posted to the CAFC site
I guess it's appropriate to just quote it here...

Hey All, First Post!

I've been living in Franktown, CO for about a year and a half now. I moved here from Florida with my family but found out why 'he' wanted to move here about two weeks after I arrived. First long story short... I've now been divorced for almost a year and still absolutely love it here in Colorado with my three teenagers.

I drove a 2002 claded Z66 until I arrived in Colorado at which point I quickly realized I needed a four wheel drive so I traded it in for a 2006 Z71 which I adored... butttttt I adored it a bit too much last week and ended up having it totalled by the insurance company that so graciously covered my claim 100%. Second long story short my daughters and I ended up on a trail we shouldn't have been on and the truck became a bit to 'tippy' ooopppsss. As such, I'm now in a 2007 Z71 LT that is AMAZING compared to my other two avs. So far (and I've only had this one a few days) I am absolutely impressed by the changes.

I'm hoping to use it to tow my new jeep (yes I splurged!) to the more difficult trails in an effort to keep this av alive longer lol. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I wont by 4X4ing it in the Av anymore! And I am looking for more things to do in groups as well as meeting new people around the state....

I still consider myself brand new to this state and to four wheel'n etc (it's been a crazy year) but I am ready willing and able to start tackling all there is to offer and just hope there will be at least a few of you willing to take me in and let me tag along...

Of course I included a tribute to my 2006 Av that was totalled this past weekend... this vid just shows some clips from our adventure over the 3 day ordeal (prior to it getting bad)

Vid 1 Higher and HIGHER

Here's a smaller 'just for fun' one...
Vid 2 3 Gals, Mud & a Truck

Now on to my new 07 LT3 Z71 -- gosh darn it she's sweeeeet ... I'm so excited about having her in my garage lol I'm anxious to get her out there (and equally sad that she'll have to get dirty ... she's so shiny right now lol)

Some of the mods I've seen done between the two sites are also very intriguing to me but I'm an uneducated chick when it comes to handling a screwdriver so maybe someday I'll get the guts to try! I love the LEDs on the sails and I obviously need to lift it a couple of inches ... my biggest priority though is figuring out how to ensure she can tow my jeep on a trailer (I still need a trailer) so I can put bigger/better off road tires on it and use the Av to get the jeep to the starting points of where the Av prefers not to be

At any rate.... JR may post a lot...but I write a lot in a single post so I guess I should stop now ...

Really do hope to be able to meet many of you soon!

Deb
- PicOlio.com

oh and a P.S. --- How is it that I've been driving an Av since early in 2002 and have never been tagged???? Shame on you for missing me!!!

Edited by PicOlio - 28 Jun 2007 at 1:18pm
Black on Black with Chrome highlights 2007 4WD Z71 LT3 18in Wheels
IP IP Logged
chadstr

Quote chadstr Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 5:17pm
howdy hey...
glad to see new ones here, welcome. I am a colorado native and recognized most all of the areas in your higher and higher movie...goooooood stuff. Sorry to hear about your trucks, sound like things have worked out for you though. The only thing I didnt recongnize is the big water fall in the beginning, where was that taken? Thanks, and again welcome
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.
IP IP Logged
PicOlio

Quote PicOlio Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 5:36pm
That's North Clear Creek Falls (beautiful area!!!) With an EASY drive to get there (family car can make it)

It's just off of the CO 149 Silver Thread Scenic Route between Creede and Lake City... There's a sign for it around mile marker 49

I'm anxious to head back down into that area as there were soooooooooooooooooo many trails to explore all with amazing scenery.
Black on Black with Chrome highlights 2007 4WD Z71 LT3 18in Wheels
IP IP Logged
JoeSpicoli
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote JoeSpicoli Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 9:03pm
Very kewl!  Welcome Deb!
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 28 Jun 2007 at 9:56pm
Kool we finally got some chics who aint afraid of no mud.....welcome Deb and company.....Clap

Edited by duramaxmaxman - 28 Jun 2007 at 9:57pm
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 8:15am
Cool videos Deb!

Originally posted by PicOlio

oh and a P.S. --- How is it that I've been driving an Av since early in 2002 and have never been tagged???? Shame on you for missing me!!!

Embarrassed OOOPS?! Wink
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
avalanchuck
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote avalanchuck Replybullet Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 2:31pm
Welcome Maverick1974! Clap
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 7:30am
double post

Edited by avalanchuck - 12 Jul 2007 at 8:24am
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
justjr

Quote justjr Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 7:31am

You must not be around Denver too much....I tag everything even if I have to stalk Av's in traffic!

Edited by avalanchuck - 12 Jul 2007 at 8:22am
Just Drive Man!!!
IP IP Logged
beercrazy

Quote beercrazy Replybullet Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 8:50pm
Hello Mavrick1974........
Whats you AVitude telling you????
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version