Print Page | Close Window

Cladding treatment

Printed From: Colorado Av Club
Category: Colorado Av Club Joe's Bar & Grill
Forum Name: Miscellaneous
Forum Discription: Posts that don't go any where else.
URL: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=109
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 12:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Cladding treatment
Posted By: justjr
Subject: Cladding treatment
Date Posted: 09 May 2007 at 7:34am
At our last GTG we all spoke of the Armordillo that I have been using on my cladding and the idea of a group buy was brought up and after some research and trial with a new product available through a distributer for the body shop that i work at I have found a much less expensive product that did wonders on my truck and one that we had in the shop.
It is a commercial Sprayway product designed for bumpers, tires and cladding. It would normally cost $11.00 a can but through my job I can get us a case of it for $60.00 which is twelve cans.
One can did my entire truck (tires included) and gave a beautiful finish and hasn't been collecting dust like most of the other products that I have tried.
Anyone interested can post here and if we get a few of us together i will make the call and get it to you all.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Replies:
Posted By: avalanchuck
Date Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:46pm
Hey put me down for a couple of cans!  Keep us posted on how long it lasts too!

-------------
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH

Posted By: RockyMtnShowtim
Date Posted: 09 May 2007 at 8:17pm
Put me down also. How is it applied?

-------------
2003 "LIFTED" LPM WBH Z71

Date Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:33am
It is a spray can and I just sprayed it on and let it sit for about a minute before wiping it with a soft cloth.
I will order the case this coming week and let everyone know when I have it so we can meet up.Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: sgtwashburn
Date Posted: 11 May 2007 at 7:36pm
Heck, Ill try some!

-------------
2004 WBH, Bermuda Blue, Tint, Grille Guard, CB, Nav, FTADRL's, 4OnHi, DVD, silverstars. Amber flashing LED's front and rear.

Date Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:44am
Gotcha!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:23pm
Okay! I picked up a case of this stuff so anyone interested can give me a call(720-281-0595) and I will meet you somewhere to get it to you. The case was $60 which makes it $5.00 a can. Just let me know how many you want!
Oh! I got five washes out of mine before I saw any dullnes around the edges of my wheelwells which seem to be the hardest spots to keep up.
Thumbs%20Up

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 26 May 2007 at 7:36pm
Save me 2 cans. I'll pick them up at your work next week. Thanks

Lloyd

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:22pm
I'll keep them in my truck!Wink

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 5:26am
I'll keep a few cans in the pickup this week. Just give a call and I'll watch for you. Anyone else that needs me to meet them somewhere, just let me know. Depending on what happens today I may have a couple of extras.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 7:51am
For those of you that are interested in this treatment, please give me a call.
My budget is a bit screwed up with the fire and having to buy a new truck so every little bit would help and I have already purchased the case.
Thanks!Wink

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2007 at 9:21pm
Jr, my bad. Work has been crazy. I will give you a call tomorrow (Friday) and try to swing by on my lunch anywhere between 12-2  to pick up my cans if you will be at the shop? Thanks again.
Lloyd

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 5:35am
Any time is fine and I don't mean to be pushy. Life has thrown us a couple of curve balls lately.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: sgtwashburn
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2007 at 3:55pm
JR,  I'll get with you real soon.  We just moved out to Elizabeth, and things have been a little goofy.  Working graveyards doesn't help matters much, either.  I'll get you tracked down though.

-------------
2004 WBH, Bermuda Blue, Tint, Grille Guard, CB, Nav, FTADRL's, 4OnHi, DVD, silverstars. Amber flashing LED's front and rear.

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2007 at 6:01am
Thanks ya'll!

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: liteft01
Date Posted: 17 Jun 2007 at 10:55pm
Hey JR, you got anyone going to the nationals that would be willing to bring a couple of cans.  If so, I can mail a check to help you unload them.  I'm all for something simple to keep the truck looking good.

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2007 at 5:21am
I know Chuck is going out to the nationals. I'll see if he would mind trying too meet up with you there. I would go myself if I could but we have had a rough couple of months.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2007 at 7:24am
Hey JR I'll run a couple of cans to SD for you... I need to get with you for my cans anyhow... I'll try to figure out my schedule this week and make arrangements to swing by.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jun 2007 at 7:32am
Sounds good! We just have to figure out a method for you and liteft to meet up.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: liteft01
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 11:42am
The check's in the mail.......  (I've always wanted to say that)

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2007 at 6:39am
Bump!

Hey jr I need to come by sometime this weekend and pick up some treatment for me and for liteft01...

Can't go to nationals next week with my Av all stripey and grey! Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 12:35pm

Just give me a call!

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info