Forum Discription: Mods for the inside of the Av
URL: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=119
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 1:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Switch panel for accesories
Posted By: chadstr
Subject: Switch panel for accesories
Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:31pm
I have been dreaming of making something to get all of my different mods-switches all in a central location. Since most mods happen one at a time, and some come with their own switches, that dont match each other, I had swiches hanging out all over because I didnt want to poke holes in my dash anywhere. Piaa lights had their own switch, my radar detector, I wanted it tied in so I didnt have the dangling cord to my cigerette lighter, and I also have a sub-amplifier that I didnt want on all of the time, kids ears and all, and as far as the backup camera, I dont have one yet, but I have heard re-accuring dead batteries because of the camera, so I added a switch, Its backlit blue, sinse my sterieo and dash lights are blue, and the switches have blue indicators on them to show when they are on. They all turn off when the ACC circuit turns off so even if I leave switches on, they turn off when I turn the truck off. I engraved it from the back so its solid-mirror like black flat face. VERY COOL LOOKING. I need to adjust the brightness a bit, but it other than that, Im happy about it.

-------------
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:43pm
another pic

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:44pm

-------------

Posted By: sgtwashburn
Date Posted: 19 May 2007 at 11:08pm
THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN COOL!!!!!!!!!!!   I want One!!! Really Really Really BAD!

-------------
2004 WBH, Bermuda Blue, Tint, Grille Guard, CB, Nav, FTADRL's, 4OnHi, DVD, silverstars. Amber flashing LED's front and rear.

Posted By: justjr
Date Posted: 20 May 2007 at 6:43am
Me  too!!! Me too!!!
  • :buttrock:

• -------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: avalanchuck
    Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 6:38am
    Excellent mod Chad!  Can I get one too?  Thumbs%20Up

-------------
    2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH

Date Posted: 21 May 2007 at 8:24am
    I will post a pic later, but I had to decrease the intensity, in the dark, It was way too bright. When I bought superbright LED's I suppose they meant it. My son in the back seat was able to color in the lines it was so bright. Its much more subtle and actually looks nicer IMO. I will have to figure how much $ I have in this, there are terminal blocks, 6- 8 dollar a piece in switches, and $20 in LED's, resistors and circuit board and wire. The switches are available in green, red, blue, and  yellow. The LED's will be cheaper if they are red, green, amber, Blue is still relatively new and pricey. I held it up to some red light and it looks really good backlit in red, but if it doesnt match anything else in your truck, its like a turd in a punch bowl. There is also some modification that has to happen to hold the plate into your dome cubby hole. Right now The material I have is black, but there are other colors available to, so alot of options, Give me an idea of what you want for your truck, and I can figure what it will run.

Options:
    1)Switch LED color.... Yellow,red,green,blue
    2)LED backlit color.... Yellow, red, green, blue
    3)Lettering or engraving.... names (what you want them to turn on )for 4 switches, they fit nicely, 5 looks crowded.
    4)Top "Avalanche" engraved....can be changed to something else, but if you want it to be in the Avalanche letters, its gonna take some time...& $
    5)The material color (Mine is black)....Blue, blueberry, sapphire blue, ocean blue, red, ruby, orange, dusy rose, yellow, marigold, parchment, taupe, beige, dark brown, bright green, teal,black forest green, celadon green, hunter green,and black. There are minamal order limits on all of these so its $35 to get any of these other colors in. I have enough black to do a few that since I got mine out of it, will be cheaper, until I need to order more. So let me know what you want and I will start with that.

So give me an idea of what you think you want, I get better prices in bulk, so if you all want the same colors, I can get a better price. Also, there may be some time to help get it installed, some may be able to handle it but some may need help.

Also, the switches are only rated at 10 amps, so relays may need to be put in if what your turning on is higher than that. My PIAA lights came with it so I just used theirs, just FYI

Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 5:22am
    Could you do one of these with just the Avalanche logo and leave the switches unmarked? I mess with stuff too much still to decide what they  will be forever.
    I can't leave anything alone!
  • dunno

• -------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:23am
    YEa, what colors?

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:26am
    Black face with blue lights.............Please!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:54am
    Black & blue for me... and just the "AVALANCHE" like jr.  I've got the radar detector and the back up camera and will probably get some lights later down the road.

Hey Chad can you get a three position switch (on-off-on)? I'd like one for my back up camera.  If its on in position 1 the camera only works when I go in reverse.  If it on in position 3 the camera is on full-time.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:47pm

Chuck, I will check on on-off-on, Im sure you can get something but if it will fit is another question. That avalanche logo, although cool, takes up alot of surface space. You know how to get that stuff wired in right, right? I assume you prefer the blue indicators on the switches to. If I do this I may need you to take down your cubby and ship it or deliver it to me to modify.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 12:51pm
    Justr,
    blue lights on switches to right.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:06pm
    What does that mean? I don't get it.
    If white lights will be easier then that is okay too. My stereo and most of my factory dash stuff is blue so that is why I like that idea.
    Oh! And how much will this stuff cost us? I'm trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to budget lately with trying to build this garage.Confused

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 8:02pm
    Originally posted by justjr

What does that mean? I don't get it.
    If white lights will be easier then that is okay too. My stereo and most of my factory dash stuff is blue so that is why I like that idea.
    Oh! And how much will this stuff cost us? I'm trying, somewhat unsuccessfully, to budget lately with trying to build this garage.Confused

when the switch is turned on, a led turns on, what color do you want it to be? On mine, they are blue because I backlit the entire face with blue, but the blue switches do cost a little more.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:22pm

$50

That will get you exactly the same setup I have, except of course the text can be different or not at all. This includes:
    1)The Engraved Panel
    2)4 blue LED lit Switches
    3)Some aluminum L bracket(for mounting stuff)
    4)A PC perf board, to mount backlight LED's to
    5)11 Blue diffused LED's
    6)11 Resistors for LED's
    7)14 Terminals blocks mounted on din-rail, so that you can remove the console if you need without cutting wires, and you dont have to connect stuff with butt splices or solder.
    8)Jumper bars for terminals  to make it easier to buss circuits together
    9)Fully assembled unit, ready for you to tie in your power leads, and switch legs, (4 switched wires, what you want the switches to operate)(4 power leads for the switches power, may be jumpered, depending on what your turning on and how you want the switches to turn off, once the vehicle is off.) (LED backlight power lead, or when you want it to be backlit, with head lights or everytime the ACC circuit goes hot) and (a common or Grnd from the negative of the battery for the LED's)

This does not include shipping it back to you, but Im sure that a meeting of some sort will be easier to do than to ship stuff. Please note, your fixture/cubby will be modified slightly, however it is possible to return it to its original, outside appearance.

So let me know, it would be cool to see some of these in several avs at the next GTG.

Also, I am only walking away with around 10 bucks in my pocket for doing these, so please dont be all Shocked ,be aware Im not raking you over the coals, its some really nice solid, yet engravable material, nice sturdy switches, and blue LED's aren't super cheap yet.

Let me know,
    Chadster Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 5:24am
    That's a great deal! We can try to hook up in the next week or so or I can send you the money for mine in about the same time frame before you start!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 6:46am
    Originally posted by chadstr

$50

That will get you exactly the same setup I have, except of course the text can be different or not at all. This includes:
    1)The Engraved Panel
    2)4 blue LED lit Switches
    3)Some aluminum L bracket(for mounting stuff)
    4)A PC perf board, to mount backlight LED's to
    5)11 Blue diffused LED's
    6)11 Resistors for LED's
    7)14 Terminals blocks mounted on din-rail, so that you can remove the console if you need without cutting wires, and you dont have to connect stuff with butt splices or solder.
    8)Jumper bars for terminals  to make it easier to buss circuits together
    9)Fully assembled unit, ready for you to tie in your power leads, and switch legs, (4 switched wires, what you want the switches to operate)(4 power leads for the switches power, may be jumpered, depending on what your turning on and how you want the switches to turn off, once the vehicle is off.) (LED backlight power lead, or when you want it to be backlit, with head lights or everytime the ACC circuit goes hot) and (a common or Grnd from the negative of the battery for the LED's)

This does not include shipping it back to you, but Im sure that a meeting of some sort will be easier to do than to ship stuff. Please note, your fixture/cubby will be modified slightly, however it is possible to return it to its original, outside appearance.

So let me know, it would be cool to see some of these in several avs at the next GTG.

Also, I am only walking away with around 10 bucks in my pocket for doing these, so please dont be all Shocked ,be aware Im not raking you over the coals, its some really nice solid, yet engravable material, nice sturdy switches, and blue LED's aren't super cheap yet.

Let me know,
    Chadster Smile

Cool!  Like I posted above I'll take the "AVALANCHE" engraving with blue led backlights & blue led switches.  Thanks for doing this Chad!  Heck what kind of beer do you drink?  I'll gladly get you at least a 12-pk to go with the $50!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:28am
    MMMMMMMMMM.........Beer!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 8:06am
    I like the Corona, thanks,

I do have paypal account if thats faster for you all, so I can get stuff ordered. We will still have to arrange to get your cubby hole, so be thinking about when you will be in the springs. I wonder if I could sell them on the other site, Id go a little more, unless they were in CO, CO gets discounted Big%20smile . Although I think they have issues with people selling things on there without paying them something. Anyway, spread the word, Id like to make 1 big order, it saves on shipping.

Thanks,
    Chadstr

mailto:chadstr@excite.com - chadstr@excite.com is my paypal account

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:28am
    Chad... I tried searching around for the info on selling on the other site... but couldn't find anything pertinent.

I can contact one of the moderators for you if you're interested in trying to sell these over there.  He's one of the guys that came out from CT for an Avs game a couple years back.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:48am
    chuck,

Sure give it a try. Im going to say $80 for everyone else outside of CO because of the shipping to and from different states. Thanks
    Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:09pm
    I'll link this to the MAC site as well if you'd like and see if you can get a little buisiness there too.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 23 May 2007 at 3:50pm
    Hey guys, thanks. I also wanted to point out that the pics on mine are way to bright. I have since then changed the resistor size to make it much more calm. Before in the dark, the entire truck lit up blue like someone put in a giant blue night light. So again now its still visable blue in the daylight, partly because its up out of direct sunlight and then at night it doesnt destract you when your driving.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:40pm
    Also, for 20 bucks, I can engrave the avalanche logo into it, file it down to around the right size and then ship it for next to nothing. You would have to come up with the switches n stuff but you may want a different kind anyway, or a different layout. Just FYI

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 6:51am
    Chad I haven't heard back yet from the guy I pm'ed over on CAFCNA.  I'll try again here today.  I don't know if he's spending much time online since he recently stepped down as the coordinator for Connecticut.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 7:22pm

Chuck,

Are you wanting one still? Im not buying stuff till I get some $ for the parts. I dont think Justin needs one for his truck anymore.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 7:25pm
    I posted this link to the other site for you and I''m getting another AV. I just need to hold off for a bit untill i get it home.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 31 May 2007 at 7:47am
    I do still want one Chad.  Do you prefer I send you a check?  I know you mentioned paypal but I didn't know if you had any extra charges for using it.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:05pm

Dont worry about the extra charge, it comes off of my end, the beer will make up for it so paypal is good.

Justjr, sorry to hear about your beast, any ideas yet why or how it happend? It takes time getting over a truck you love, but little by little, the new one will grow on you, I still get misty eyed when I think about my old truck, it wasnt totaled, but I traded it in for my ave so that I could fit my new sons carseat in the thing. Cry. A man and his truck...its a wonderful thing. Good luck in finding one you fall in love with....again.
    Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 5:25am
    The new one is on hold pending the insurance settlement so it won't be long.
    Chad, got to the links on the home page and sign up on the Midwest Avalanche Club. There are about four guys already that want this mod.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 6:26am
    Originally posted by justjr

The new one is on hold pending the insurance settlement so it won't be long.
    Chad, got to the links on the home page and sign up on the Midwest Avalanche Club. There are about four guys already that want this mod.

http://www.midwestavalancheclub.com/index.php?topic=1329.new;boardseen#new - http://www.midwestavalancheclub.com/index.php?topic=1329.new;boardseen#new

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 7:27pm
    I made one for duramax. It doesnt have the switches in it but he is going to backlight a plate with a large avalanche logo across it on his. Cant wait to see it when its installed

-------------

Posted By: JoeSpicoli
    Date Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 2:51pm
    I saw Chad's in person on Saturday...it's looks friggin awesome! Thumbs%20Up

I use my cubby up there for other things...and since I have a sunroof, my cubby is smaller.

So keep that in mind and be sure to tell Chad if you have a sunroof because I am sure the one he made for his will not fit in mine.

Chad, if you need to take measurements of a cubby for a sunroof equipped Av, lemme know and I can meet you some where.  I should have mentioned it on Saturday, but I didn't even thing about it then...

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 29 Jun 2007 at 3:08pm
    Ah... I have the sunroof as well...

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2007 at 12:17am

Yea Joe, I would like to get a measurment from your cubby, I can get all of the brain work out of the way to make one that fits in it.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2007 at 8:33am
    D'oh!  Sorry for the late reply...behind on my emails.  And just thought about this thread on the drive in to work this morning.

Yeah, not a problem letting you take measurements.  Now, when to meet?  I am going to some friend's house tonight and won't be done until late.  WE can try to hook up Wednesday night somewhere.

In the mean time, I can try to get some rough measurements.

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2007 at 7:12pm
    I have to work tomorrow, but I may call you if I decide to take off a little earlier. Im swamped, Ive never been this busy. I am trying to get out 4 forty hour jobs this week! Cry yea I know it doesn't add up, but I am having to do my best so I dont know if it will work out. Also to be honest...I havent heard much from anybody other than Ken, most just say it looks cool, so I am not sure how much effort to put into it unless someone shows some interest in getting them, its not a huge thing that needs to be done right away. But I thank you for offering your truck to measure, if I dont get it tomorrow, we will have to set something else up.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2007 at 7:35am
    I'd like to have just the Avalanche logo in there. Let me know when you figure out the sunroof cubby mesurements!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2007 at 10:29am
    Well, I figured I could take some rough measurements to get you started.  it might be tough for us to hook up tonight.

The front opening is 6" wide in the center, since the corners are rounded, I took that measurement and from flat to flat (before it starts to round) is 5-3/4".

The height is 1-1/4".

Attached is a pic illustrating the measurements.

Next message will show some inner measurements.

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2007 at 10:34am
    And here is an illustration (not to scale by any stretch of the imagination) of the inner measurements - just so you know how much room there is/isn't compared to the non-sunroof cubbies.

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2007 at 7:48pm
    Thank you... that will get me started. I am going to need to get someones cubby in my hand to duplicate the round corners, they are a little fun. Jr, since you are wanting one we should meet up. See on mine, I took the inner black part of the cubby out. It gave me more room for led's and terminals and then I could run text clear to the side of the face and have it backlit. So if you just want the plate, and you figure out the lighting Im going to need to know how is the best way to get it in there. Duramax (Ken) took his out as well for the Ave logo I did for him. So we will have to set something up.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2007 at 7:26am
    Cool. My # is all over the site but in case it turns out to be hard to find, it's 720-281-0595. We will see what our scheduals look like to meet up!Thumbs%20Up

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 10:20am
    Hah!  Are you not worried about getting solicitors calling your number JR?  You're a brave man...

Anyway, Chad: I will be dropping my daughter off for a b-day party at 1pm and have to pick her up at 4pm.  That gives me 3 hours to kill by myself - my boys are going to Water World for my younger boy's 13th b-day, I will now have 2 teenage boys. Ugh.  But I digress.

If you want me to stop by so you can tear into my cubby, gimme a call.  If I don't get a call, I'll try to remember to give you a call later.

My number is on the CAC Contact list pdf that Chuck sends out and maintains (thanks again, Chuck!).  See JR, I'm not quite as brave...

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 8:14am
    Happy b-day to the squid Joe!!!
    The national "no call" list does wonders where the solicitors are concerned.Wink

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Posted By: beercrazy
    Date Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 1:56pm
    http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevy-avalanche/photos/view/e618?b=14&m=f&o=0 - http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevy-avalanche/photos/view/e618?b=14&m=f&o=0

http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevy-avalanche/photos/view/e618?b=15&m=f&o=0 - http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevy-avalanche/photos/view/e618?b=15&m=f&o=0

Heres 2 links to the pics of the cubby plate chdstr made for me. Stll tryin to learn how to post the actual pic....Ken

P.S. Hey guys wazzup!!Smile

-------------
    Whats you AVitude telling you????

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 2:12pm
    For the lighting I just went to Pep boys and bought the 4" flourescent tube they had and wired that in to direct ignition, there for when the keys on its lit. My first intent was to wire to the lights ckt. but then a change of heart came and ign. feed won. I did however have to remove the black pocket and then I used a piece of aluminum foil (the shiny side) and molded a backing to deflect the light more evenly and it seems to work. Ya kinda have to manipulate the foil until the correct effect is achieved, but in the end it looks great and chadstr did a great job! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 6:58pm
    Ken,

When I first was deciding on what to light the back of the plate up with I tried to use some blue dome lights and I ran into the same problem, they wouldnt light it up enough, thats why I went with LEDs because I gained some directional options that way. Thanks for posting them.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 6:08am
    Here you are, I put it on here for you. Looks good Ken.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 7:41am
    Holy Cow!!! That is great! No fair Ken......You got yours first!Tongue

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 12:49pm
    Thanks Jr!  Chad ya gotta show me how to post these damn pics, I feel like an idiot when someone else has to post my pics...lol. I can rebuild engines and trannys but I cant post a few lousey pics....feel my pain???   lol    
    ken

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 4:23pm
    Ken,
    You just type in your message and then on the top of the box your typing in, there are shortcuts to stuff like font size and spell check............etc. if you hit the one with the small picture of the tree in it (insert image) you can then browse your computer and select what you want to go on there. If its too big, you will be told by how much. You can open that picture up in a photo editer, you can even use the Paint program (in your accessories folder in your programs) click on image in that program once it open in there, resize/skew and then on the top two options, horizontal and vertical, reduce the percentage equally because this will maintain the scale on your picture without making it two short or skinny compared to the counterpart. Save it as a different name if you still want to keep a larger file of it somewhere, and then post it. Depending on how big your picture is, you may have to try a few times, but over time you wil be able to quickly change it to size and get your cool pics on here. Let me know if you have any questions. Paint or MS Paint comes on all of the computers I have ever seen.
    Hope it works,
    Chadster

Oh, and JR, Ive got yours cut, I have to charge my camera before I can post a pic, wife left it on all weekend   Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2007 at 10:24pm
    ok the problem is I dont have the little trees, the closest thing I have is the hyperlink tab..... I think once I find my tree I can figure it out from there...cant have a forest without a tree....lol  ken

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 7:47am
    The tree is at the top of the post screen here on the site by the smiley's.
    Thanks Chad! Now we just have to get together for an afternoon.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2007 at 8:08am

But it only exsists if you do a reply or quote and you are taken to the edit message screen...it is not above the Message: box if you are doing a quick reply.

-Joe

I outlined the image in red...

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2007 at 8:16pm
    Im done with the plates, however they are the same size as the cubby cutout. I think it may be tough to hold these in, so I am needing to know how much taller I need to make these so that they can be mounted just inside of the actual cutout. I will post pics later, the website is finicky right now

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2007 at 7:36am
    Try linking your pics through photobucket if you continue to have trouble. I've had to do that before.
    I'll get the actual mesurements today for you.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2007 at 3:21pm
    Jr,

Im needing those sizes..........

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 12:36pm
    Crap! Sorry Chad. I'll post them this evening. Had the grandson in town and am still working on the garage.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 1:18pm
    Its all good, I PM'd Joe and he gave me the sizes. I am going to send you a plate that should be close, you will have to trim it up some. Its made out of some cheaper/thinner material, so dont modify your cubby to fit this (I dont think you will have to) I am just getting the right sizes down. If you modify this plate and get this back to me quickly I will return to you a black and clear...ready to backlight any color you want(I think you said you wanted blue) for free. I have several people that are interested in it but since I dont have that size of cubby, Im relying on you to get the fit just right. Also feel free to let me know of any issues right away, so I can maybe get the changes down to you and try it again. So do we have a deal? Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 6:43pm
    Chad, I'm so sorry. I have been so busy it is rediculase! However you want to work it is fine with me bro.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 10:30pm
    Dude,
    No need to apologize...I know busy and how it loves to take plans and smash them. I sent it to you this morning. I went ahead and put the AV logo on it, the goal is to keep that centered of course but do what you have to and then let me know and we will get this thing knocked out.

Thanks again
    Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 7:35am
    Hey Chad! I got it yesterday! It looks great. I think that it is about 3/4 of an inch short lengthwise but I will let you know after I get a chance to play with it. Hopefully tomorrow.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 3:39pm
    short lengthwise huh? I wonder if your cubby is different than Joes then. I made it based on his. I suppose its possible his is an 02. Anyway, that can be fixed easy, we will get it. I had back surgery yesterday, diskoctomy...or herniated disk fixed in my lower back. I feel great, I can feel my toes in my right foot again, its just now I have a hole in my back I have to baby for a while. But thanks fot the compliment, the real one I assure you will look cooler. Let me know
    Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 8:01am

Just get better for now buddy. Great news that the surgery turned out well!

I'll try to get out and play with the truck this weekend for a bit!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 6:18pm
    Jr,
    Did you try it out yet? Ive got people wanting to know how many switches I think I can fit in it...it depends on how the final plate size looks like. Just checking

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2007 at 12:46pm

It is about 1/2 inch to short length wise but looks great otherwise! If a guy was to put switches in one with the sunroof then they would either need really small font or none at all to make room. I'll try to get pics on here later.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2007 at 4:32pm
    Ahh poop, so either  Spicoli got me the wrong size or you have a different cubby. Unhappy Figures,

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2007 at 6:37pm
    Originally posted by JoeSpicoli

Well, I figured I could take some rough measurements to get you started.  it might be tough for us to hook up tonight.

The front opening is 6" wide in the center, since the corners are rounded, I took that measurement and from flat to flat (before it starts to round) is 5-3/4".

The height is 1-1/4".

Attached is a pic illustrating the measurements.

Next message will show some inner measurements.

-Joe

So Jr, does your cubby look like this? Are these sizes correct? What are  they then? I was also wondering what you have going on tomorrow? Im wanting to get out and taking a closer look at your cubby may be something to do. Let me know if you would. Thanks,

Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 11:03am

Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2007 at 12:06pm
    Just fyi after speaking to JR for a few minutes the night before we left for SD I know he's really busy at work.  He told me he was checking the web from his phone when he got a chance.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 10:53pm

Im just checking to see if anybody is still wanting any thing like this done for them...it has sorta died down, and I havent heard much of anything lately. I have been working on a great easy way to light these things up its a little more pricey, but its uniform and easy to use.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 6:38am
    Well Chad... I'll cut to the chase... what's it going to cost? Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 7:01pm
    I dont remember what size of cubby you have, for the small one, just doing the AV logo is $10 for the plate and $30 to backlight it. You can backlight it yourself for less.....but can be a pain. So what size did you have again?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 10:58am
    I'll check but I think it should be the same size as Joe's...

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 6:38pm
    Originally posted by avalanchuck

I'll check but I think it should be the same size as Joe's...

Chuck,
    if thats the case, there isnt any room for switches...I have looked into it, and there is no room to make it look right. However, I can make you a Avalanche Logo plate that will fit in there for $15 and then I can backlight it for $30 more. I will even meet you halfway to get it from you and install yours for you, other than the power leads once it gets back in your truck (not sure when you want it lit) but I may be able to help with that to...Let me know.

Thanks,
    Chadster

-------------

Posted By: CO_AVS_FAN
    Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 12:04pm
    What about doing a couple of these at a time?  I would be interested in doing this as well.  I think I talked to you about it at the last Mod GTG.  I have the smaller cubby.

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:29pm
    Darren, (I think thats right)
    yea no issue about multiples, would you want it backlit or just the plate?

-------------

Posted By: CO_AVS_FAN
    Date Posted: 29 Feb 2008 at 9:36am

That would be the only way to go...Big%20smile  I would have to have it backlit.

Darren

Posted By: TCR1
    Date Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 4:13pm
    This is a terrific looking mod you did Chad...just like all your other ones!

I have a small cubby in mine and like ot use it for other things, but am going to lean on your skills for a mod I am contemplating.

I would like to install a shelf system under the cupholders in my center console.  I want it to be back lit and I want it to have a 12V power source.  Complicating factor is I want it to have a lockable cubby inside of it as well.  I don't have anything to put in that lockable cubby yet, but would need ot get a concealed carry permit before anything went in there anyway.

I have a template started for the flat surface.  I was just going to get plexiglass from Home Depot, but I like the looks of your tinted like material better.

When I meet you on the 28th, I want to ask you about a different cubby for your plate/switch idea that may work better for those of us with sunroofs.

50.00 for a backlit plate and switches sounds like a steal...even if the switches aren't hooked up to anything...I would flip them like I was getting a plane ready for take off or something (I would love to have a switch for an exhaust dump, but need the exhaust and cut off firstTongue

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 7:49pm
    Hey Ryan,
    Here is my thread for these plates on the big site.

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,99116.0/all.html - http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,99116.0/all.html

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 1:53pm

Thanks for the link.  There is one that i like, but want to wait until I need some switches. 

Having said that, the other idea I have that I have is not there.  I will show you on Saturday and you can give me an idea.

BTW, the box I thought was my RR, was a pair of binoculars I sent in for warranty work...so no RR for me yet.  Tracking for mine says Friday as well.  Weather looks good for Friday, marginal for Saturday.  I'm going to give it a go.  Just get started in the erly am with the second coat and hope that 8-9 hours in the garage is enough to let it cure (or whatever it does).

Posted By: ChrisInCo
    Date Posted: 08 Mar 2009 at 8:43am
    Here you guys are hiding!  Sheesh!

OK, Chad, I *really* want that Avalanche thingy for my truck.  Email me, or call me, or do something to get this ball rolling, lol, OK? 

Thanks!

Chris :)

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:25pm

Tag, your it. I called and left a message. Next time your in the springs, you should just give me your cubby. I will do the hard part, then next GTG we can wire it all in for you.

CALL ME

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 8:49pm
    TCR1, this is one I just finished. Note that it has the homelink, and it is about 1/2  the size of mine, however by taking out the AVE logo, I got it to fit. So those of you that have the smaller cubby, but want switches, IVE DONE IT!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 8:49am
    That is so nice!
    only problem I am having at this point is a lack of need for switches...well, I want switches, I just don't have anything to connect them to at the moment.

Your panels look awesome!

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info