Print Page | Close Window

Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck

Printed From: Colorado Av Club
Category: Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs)
Forum Name: GTG Ideas
Forum Discription: Got an idea for a GTG? Here's the place to post and let us know.
URL: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=147
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 9:02am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck
Posted By: beercrazy
Subject: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck
Date Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 10:02pm
During our Pikes Peak rendezvous today I spoke with Joe and Chadstr about having a mod gtg at my work (Springs Auto and Truck). Agreed was all that a mod was needed so Im gonna start this thread out by finding out who would attend, now this isnt just a mod gtg its also for veh. maint. such as oil changes, brake repairs, fluid changes etc. This shop is a full service shop with lifts, air and all needed supplies. I would recommend that if any parts are needed try to get them ahead of time, but in the instance that parts are needed Im sure we could get a ride to the nearest parts store. Ill get the date and post it on this thread as soon as tomorrow or the next day being the 21st or 22nd of Aug. It will infact be on a Sunday as Mon. thru Sat. are normal buisness days for the shop. Lets keep each other posted as things progress.        Ken

-------------
Whats you AVitude telling you????

Replies:
Posted By: JoeSpicoli
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 7:15pm
Sweet!  Thanks for starting the thread, Ken!

I have updated the main page with a blurb on this in the Latest Club News section: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/ - http://www.coloradoavclub.com/

Anyone have any Sundays in mind?  I'd like to do it on a Sunday that I don't have my kids - otherwise I will not be able to spend much time at the GTG. 

Sundays coming up that would work for me are:

Sept 2nd
Sept 16th (maybe - I might go to a concert)
Sept 30th

Let's hear form you!

-Joe

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Posted By: chadstr
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 8:32pm
RIGHT ON!!!!!!  You just pic the day dude, and I will be there. I have had Ken's shop do some work on my truck, and he isnt joking...it has everything. Ken, will it be possible to do things like duel exhaust work, like will somebody be there on staff (other than you since you will be part of the GTG) that normal work can be done? It may be a way to bring in some extra $$$ for the boss. I was just wondering. None the less, You just pick it, and unless I am dead, I will push my ave there if I have to. (Its only about 3 miles from where I live) Clap

-------------
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.

Posted By: avalanchuck
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 7:14am
Thanks for setting this up Ken!  I'd be up for Sept. 9th or 30th.

-------------
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2007 at 10:52pm
Ok cast and crew were all set for the 30th of September, I will be at the shop there from 8 in the morning till the last person leaves or the boss leaves..I have in the past week purchased a tech 2 scanner and have got the GM link set up to where I can do vehicle programming just like the dealership would do only with me it FREE!! The nice price... I used my truck as the guniea pig for programm updates and to my surprise I had 4 updates that needed to be done, 1 critical transmission shift update for a delayed/soft 1-2 shift. I uploaded the programm just today and have noticed a substancial shift improvement afterwards, so If ya havent done any PCM/VCM updates lately....well now that too can be handled. For those who dont know the location heres a mapquest link. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair - http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair . Any questions anyone might have just post and Ill answer them as quick as possible. Hope for a good turn out. maybe it can be a bi-annual thing....  Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 8:46am
Just edited the thread to add the date.

Thanks Ken!

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 2:07pm
I stopped by the shop on Wednesday and I am having my reaer brakes doen there tomorrow.  This is gonna rock!  Ken said he'd try to make sure a couple of bays are open so we can use lifts if we need to. 

I know I will need a lift because I am doing a bunch of maintenance stuff: front/rear axles, transfer case, & tranny filter/fluid.  I am also going to get a fuel injector flush.  Might have to get Ken to remove the rev limiter with that snazzy new Tech II programmer that he bought!

So, figure out what you want to do, plan for it (like, buy your own fluids/filters - basically your consumables), and just post here if you aren't sure if something can be done or not.

TTYL,

-Joe

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 2:39pm
We should probably get a list of attendees and the mods they want to do.

I've got a bunch but my remote tailgate & saddlebag mod is at the top.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 10:11pm
I agree chuck, list would be good so we can get an idea of who wants to do what. Im gonna get my door handle lights mount and operational, if I dont get it done prior. I can do my upgrades at anytime so my focus will be on those who need help, and what ever needs done, like helping with the various flush machines. We have a transmission flush, injector flush, power steering flush and a coolant flush machine which is presently broken but can still be performed the old fashion way.....garden hose. all the need flush chemicals are avail. and are of the BG product line. The transmission fluid we use is a synthetic dexron 3.  A tire machine and balancer is avail. should someone want to replace tires or just balance them. Any exhaust work that is done like custom exhaust, mufflers or just installing chrome tips should be prearranged just to make sure we have the muffler in stock. Im running a 40 series flowmaster single in dual out with custom pipe and 12 inch angle cut chrome tips, sounds and looks good (giving just an example). Any welding needing done can also be performed at that time, a small fee to cover needed welding supplies is the norm. BTW all exhaust work done is welded not clamped unless requested. Well thats all the added info I can provide for now but if more comes up I'll surelly post it.                 Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 7:09am
Is it just me or does it seem that there aren't too many committing or even seem all that interested in going to this? I havent heard or seen a whole lot of excitement about it. Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 9:24am
Originally posted by chadstr

Is it just me or does it seem that there aren't too many committing or even seem all that interested in going to this? I havent heard or seen a whole lot of excitement about it. Confused

Well I'll send out a mass email to see if folks have seen the thread.  Now that its after Labor Day hopefully we can get some responses.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2007 at 3:10pm

Thats a good idea Chuck, I didn't think of it. Hopefully more will show. Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 10:55am
Originally posted by duramaxmaxman

I agree chuck, list would be good so we can get an idea of who wants to do what. Im gonna get my door handle lights mount and operational, if I dont get it done prior. I can do my upgrades at anytime so my focus will be on those who need help, and what ever needs done, like helping with the various flush machines. We have a transmission flush, injector flush, power steering flush and a coolant flush machine which is presently broken but can still be performed the old fashion way.....garden hose. all the need flush chemicals are avail. and are of the BG product line. The transmission fluid we use is a synthetic dexron 3.  A tire machine and balancer is avail. should someone want to replace tires or just balance them. Any exhaust work that is done like custom exhaust, mufflers or just installing chrome tips should be prearranged just to make sure we have the muffler in stock. Im running a 40 series flowmaster single in dual out with custom pipe and 12 inch angle cut chrome tips, sounds and looks good (giving just an example). Any welding needing done can also be performed at that time, a small fee to cover needed welding supplies is the norm. BTW all exhaust work done is welded not clamped unless requested. Well thats all the added info I can provide for now but if more comes up I'll surelly post it.                 Ken

Oh man oh man... I could get into trouble with this one... I've been looking at catback exhausts lately.  Ken how much lead time do you need to have to order a muffler?

Oh by the way...

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 1:20pm
If at anyway possible, if you could stop by sometime so we can see what you need and want will help, muffler, tips etc. I have a slew of pics on my webshots page. http://community.webshots.com/user/duramaxmaxman?vhost=community - http://community.webshots.com/user/duramaxmaxman?vhost=community   Feel free to check them out. theres some good exhaust pics there.

-------------

Posted By: CO_AVS_FAN
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 4:16pm
I have been trying to get out all summer for a GTG.  I think I might be able to make this one.  I haven't really thought about what else I want to get done, I have had a busy summer getting some mods done on my own.  I finally got my tailgate lock done, backup camera, and a new SnugTop. 

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 4:44pm
Well Ken I don't know when I'd be able to get down there... I've not been able to do anything around the house for the last 4 weekends so I don't think I dare come down this weekend.  I might just have to get a ride in yours to see how it sounds and plan on an exhaust mod next time. Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 4:45pm
Hey Darren!  Drop by and show off that new Snugtop if nothing else.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 6:00pm
Alright, I want to do the tailgate lock, what do I need to bring, I bought a actuator, I hope is the right one, I bought it from castlerock ave when he got rid of his truck. I am also hoping to get a cubby cam in here, I can install it myself or there, no matter. Just throwing something out there...would anyone like to have any cubby engraved plates made up? Depending on how complicated they get, there isnt any reason why I couldnt get some of those installed during the GTG. I also have some Diodes if anyone wants to do the FTDL's or ALL ON HIGH, light mods. There is a Checker auto nearby I figure we can raid there amber bulbs if anyone wants theirs changed out. (Im so stinking excited I can hardly handle it.Clap)

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2007 at 11:04pm
Sounds good Chuck, PM me and give me your address and Ill be happy to come by so you can hear it.     Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 7:45am

Sounds good Chuck, PM me and give me your address and Ill be happy to come by so you can hear it.     Ken

Well I live up in Lakewood Ken so unless you're up in Denver sometime I'll just wait until the GTG and have you run me around the block a couple of times.  Honest just ask Joe... I have plenty of mods that need to get done before I add a new exhaust to the list.  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by chadstr

I also have some Diodes if anyone wants to do the FTDL's or ALL ON HIGH, light mods. There is a Checker auto nearby I figure we can raid there amber bulbs if anyone wants theirs changed out. (Im so stinking excited I can hardly handle it.Clap)

I think I would be interested in the light mods....

Let me know exactly what I should get.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2007 at 5:53pm
Well, if you already have the amber driving lights then I have the Diodes and the heat shrink for that, So just show up, I will hook you up.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2007 at 6:39am
I think I have some diodes and heat shrink tubing somewhere for this too... LOL LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 11:22am
I was just advised from my boss that there will be lunch provided. Looks like BBG burgers and dogs are on the menu. Thumbs%20Up  Have grille will travel!!!    Ken

-------------

Posted By: justjr
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2007 at 2:17pm
Hey Chuck! Check your back seat! Isn't that where your mods go?!?Big%20smileJust kidding! It will be nice to see you all again!

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2007 at 5:15pm
Well, I no longer need a exhaust dude at the GTG, I went to a junk yard for some other things, crawled up under a 05 Suburban that had stainless duel exhaust. I took the two back pipes, he only had a stock muffler on it "Y'd". I had to cut a little off of mine and reweld my muffler in to give me more space. I bought some stainless tips, took them and had them powder coated black and put them on. Exhaust in sterieo sounds so much better. I had the two outputs before into a Y and then out the one side. The tone has changed a bit, better I think. Sorry Ken about not taking it to you, work was slow last week, and well idle hands with me mean modding, even if the funds arent "really" available. The entire deal= $35 and a 6 pack of Corona...that I got to help drink. NOT BAD AT ALL. Im not gonna post pics, trucks too dirty and its gonna rain in a while. But you can see at the GTG....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2007 at 5:36pm
Hey thats great chad glad you could get it done cheaper, Im all for cheap stuff if possible as long as the quality is good. That will allow you to do other things at the GTG and that little exhaust thing is a past issue....see ya then buddy!!              Ken.

P.S. I just finished my door handle lights today, cant wait till tonite to show them off. There red and look pretty good during the day so well see what tonite brings. It took about 8 hrs to complete them all. I used the "evil eyes" LEDs.....and lots of wire and patience.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2007 at 5:37pm
Ill try to get some pics and post them tonite......

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2007 at 7:35am
Man everybody is getting down!
We are on hold untill we recover from the expense of the new garage.
On a positive note though, we now have a huge garage for a GTG!

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2007 at 9:19pm

ok here is the link to my webshots and the latest pics of my door hanndle lights. Total cost for this MOD is around $40.00

http://community.webshots.com/user/duramaxmaxman?vhost=community - http://community.webshots.com/user/duramaxmaxman?vhost=community

let me know what you guys think!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 5:28am
Very nice Ken!Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 5:33am
Super cool!!!
Great pics of the Pikes Peak run too! I'm kicking myself for missing it.

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 5:38pm
Not to bad ken, not to bad @ all. I may be easily talked into doing that one myself.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 6:32pm
Got a K&N cold air kit for $10 today but it is for an import so I am planning to do some modifying at the GTG and see if I can make a go of it. I might have been stupid to buy it but for $10 I couldn't pass it up and i think it can be made to work!
I figure if I could get an LT1 in a Fiero GT and make three totalled harley's into one show winner in the past then this should go just fine!
Besides.........I have all of you to help me make this as difficult as possible.Tongue

-------------
Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 6:52pm
Making that more difficult isnt only possible, but very likely.

I need to know if I need to bring anything other than a actuator for my tailgate lock MOD? I need to get the supplies now before the GTG.

Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2007 at 9:58pm
As good as they look I dont think Im ready to jump right back in there to do another set just as of yet.....I need to get past the anguish of doing mine first, however I will always remember my mistakes during installation. just always remember the brn/wht wire for lamp power and a common ground. But never-the-less Ill surely help anybody who wants to do them. Maybe then I can start breaking my record of 8 hours. lol

the  K/N filter deal is cool, however if it doesnt readily fit ....well Ive got plenty of duct tape and bailing wire, well figure something out.   

Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2007 at 5:20am
  • ::
  • See, I knew I could count on you guy's!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 4:08pm
    HEAD COUNT FOR THE MGTG!
    Me =1

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2007 at 9:25pm

ooooyyaaa.......can I come too????      2

wait.....hey I have to be there......ok count me in!!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2007 at 8:30am
    Sam and I WILL be there! That makes 4 but only three trrucks.....unless someone wants to stage up on the Silverado!Wink

I'm always up for hot-rodding our toy!Cool

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2007 at 9:47am
    No I think Ken has 2 coming, so 5 thus far

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 12:22am
    Actually theres only myself. I meant that as 2 makes you and myself....just a 1 count on my end here.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2007 at 9:17am
    I'm going to try to get the guy that had his Av in our shop to come down too but i don't know yet. Pretty good chance that Alan will come along for the ride as he did for the Red Rocks gig.
    I'll keep you all posted!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 6:14am
    I'm coming too! Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 8:38am
    I will be coming too...

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 9:28am
    6 people, 5 Aves so far from this site. Keep them coming

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 5:59am
    Five Av's and possibally a Silverado. It depends on how long Sam wants to hang out.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 7:54am
    thats great guys, really hoping for a good turnout.......

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 9:54am

So what time is everyone thinking about showing up?

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 11:59am
    Originally posted by CO_AVS_FAN

So what time is everyone thinking about showing up?

Good question!  Ken when can folks start showing up on sunday? 

If you let me know I'll send out an update via email just incase someone can join us at the last minute.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2007 at 1:26pm
    Looks like its an 8 to 4 day.....dont forget guys lunch is provided. There is a map link for mapquest in the earlier part of this thread.   Ken

See ya all there!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Sep 2007 at 12:46pm
    Ok in an effort to get all the info in one blurb so I can email everyone one last time...

Ok cast and crew were all set for the 30th of September, I will be at the shop there from 8 in the morning till the last person leaves or the boss leaves..I have in the past week purchased a tech 2 scanner and have got the GM link set up to where I can do vehicle programming just like the dealership would do only with me it FREE!! The nice price... I used my truck as the guniea pig for programm updates and to my surprise I had 4 updates that needed to be done, 1 critical transmission shift update for a delayed/soft 1-2 shift. I uploaded the programm just today and have noticed a substancial shift improvement afterwards, so If ya havent done any PCM/VCM updates lately....well now that too can be handled. For those who dont know the location heres a mapquest link.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair - Springs Auto and Truck

Any questions anyone might have just post and Ill answer them as quick as possible. Hope for a good turn out. maybe it can be a bi-annual thing....  Ken

Looks like its an 8 to 4 day.....dont forget guys lunch is provided. There is a map link for mapquest in the earlier part of this thread.   Ken

See ya all there!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2007 at 1:05pm
    Originally posted by avalanchuck

Ok in an effort to get all the info in one blurb so I can email everyone one last time...

Ok cast and crew were all set for the 30th of September, I will be at the shop there from 8 in the morning till the last person leaves or the boss leaves..I have in the past week purchased a tech 2 scanner and have got the GM link set up to where I can do vehicle programming just like the dealership would do only with me it FREE!! The nice price... I used my truck as the guniea pig for programm updates and to my surprise I had 4 updates that needed to be done, 1 critical transmission shift update for a delayed/soft 1-2 shift. I uploaded the programm just today and have noticed a substancial shift improvement afterwards, so If ya havent done any PCM/VCM updates lately....well now that too can be handled. For those who dont know the location heres a mapquest link.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair - Springs Auto and Truck

Any questions anyone might have just post and Ill answer them as quick as possible. Hope for a good turn out. maybe it can be a bi-annual thing....  Ken

See ya all there!!!

Email sent out yesterday!

Those heading down from Denver care to meet up somewhere and carAVan down to the Springs?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 8:02am
    Give me a call and let me know when and where.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2007 at 4:24pm

Let me know what time you want to meet and where as well.  I will be coming from Conifer.  So either somewhere on Santa Fe or in Castle Rock is fine with me.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 6:40am
    On Santa Fe would work for me. I can just come down 6th Ave and meet up with you wherever. My cell # is all over this site so just give me a ring aand we cqan set up a specific spot.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 6:00pm
    My cell #, for those that don't know, is 720-281-0595.
    If no one calls then we wil see you all there!Cool

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 11:11pm

This might be too late tonight, but how about we meet at the diamond shamrock at Santa Fe and C-470.   It is on the south side of C-470.

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 11:14pm
    Hey just got back from Steamboat... what time do you want to meet?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 11:28pm
    How about 7:00 am at Santa Fe and C-470?

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2007 at 11:45pm
    Sounds good meet you there.  .

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 6:23am
    I don't think we will be moving that early boys. We will have to meet you all there. Your spot, however is right by my job. I work at Profile Auto Body right at the top of the hill from that Diamond Shamrock!
    See you all in a bit.

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 8:45pm

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560892141JsxaGn">

Heres the pics from today guys, just click on the pic for the page........Again thanks for coming.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 9:14pm
    Good pics Ken, and thanks again for hosting this, Im glad someone got pics, I was to busy.

Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 9:38pm
    Ken,

Great pics.  Thumbs%20Up  Thanks again for hosting this GTG.  This was an awesome event.  Please give Terry my utmost thanks for letting us use his shop, and providing lunch.  He went above and beyond.  I would also like to thank you and Kevin for all of your help today.  Anything you ever need let me know.  I will contact you when I am ready to do my exhaust.

Darren

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2007 at 10:10pm
    Thanks again for the use of the shop!  Thanks for the pictures and thanks for all the help getting my tailgate done... my arms are toast from scraping off the tape. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 5:26am
    What a great day! Thanks Ken for hosting, and thanks to the rest of ya'll for a good time!
    We needed that!
    I will post my pics later today,  probably after work.
    Oh! And the truck sounds COOL!

-------------
    Just Drive Man!!!

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 6:03pm
    Thank you everyone else as well, for your guidance and or parts in getting my tailgate done. I love it. Im thinking that drilling the hole like I did was easier, it would have been tons easier if my actuator worked. I cut it open and the actuator level had come disconnected from a screwnut. I snapped it back in and ran it, the motor turned so fast it snapped off of the nut again....crappy, crap, design. After seeing the inside of that one though, Im glad I got one off of Chuck, mine would have broke in about a week anyway. Soooooo thanks all.
    Chadster

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Oct 2007 at 9:34pm
    Excellent GTG, just excellent!  And Chuck finally has a tailgate lock!

Thanks again to Ken for getting the place, getting us in gear, and the guidance on the items I needed to do that I had never done before.  I'm happy to say that I have much better throttle response.  I'm just hoping I get some gas mileage increase, too!

It was good getting to see everyone again.  Hopefully with the positive feedback, we'll get more to show up at the next one.

Oh, and nice pics, Ken!  I'm waiting to check out your, JR...

-Joe

-------------
    2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2007 at 7:52am
    Thanks for the help scraping of the last of the glue and running wires Joe! 

Now can you come over and help me hook up my monitor & camera? Wink

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info