Print Page | Close Window

Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck

Printed From: Colorado Av Club
Category: Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs)
Forum Name: Colorado Springs
Forum Discription: ...and the surrounding area
URL: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=208
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 4:05pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck
Posted By: avalanchuck
Subject: Mod GTG at Springs Auto and Truck
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 8:56am
Hey Ken I thought I'd start a new thread here in the Springs GTG section.  Can you post the particulars on when we should show up & all?

added:

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair - Map to Springs Truck & Auto

-------------
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH

Replies:
Posted By: beercrazy
Date Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 12:04am
Thats fine Chuck, ok as you all know the mod GTG is on the 4th of May at Springs auto and truck service, this is a full service shop. The shop is locate in Colorado Springs on the corners of Valley st and Galley rd. our start time is going to be 9:00am lasting into the afternoon approx. 4 to 5 oclock or when ever every one is done.

Any hard parts such as filter kits, brakes etc sould be purchased ahead of time, therefore utilizing lift times accordingly, depending on how many members show. Fluids such as oil can be purchased at the store for a reasonable price. We use Havoline 5w-30 motor oil as well as 5w-20 and 15w-40 oil for diesels. transmission fluid is a dexron 3 synthetic blend and gear oils include 75-140 synthetic for gear boxes and the conventional 80-90 gear lube. Both coolant types are avail. being dexcool and ethelglycol green coolant.

There is a Checker auto supply store nearby and a pepboys for any last minute purchases needed.  I pretty much have all the tools needed for nearly any repair, hand tools, jacks, airtools etc are covered unless you bring your own tools. I have my own tech 2 scanner for SES lights and needed updates if reqd.

I havent heard yet if lunch is provided as of yet as was last time, depends on how the owner feels I guess. So be prepared. If I hear otherwise Ill update with a post.

Ken

-------------
Whats you AVitude telling you????

Posted By: NORTH CO AV
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 8:46am
It will be fun

-------------
Enjoy the ride

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 8:47am
Ken, Thank for organizing the 2nd Annual Southern CO Mod GTG! I was disappointed that I missed the last one! 

We are luck to have a club member that has access to a garage and a boss that will let him use it!

Whats the head count looking like so far?

SEE YA THERE!

-------------
Enjoy the ride

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 11:50pm
The head count so far is as stands,

Avalanchuck
Chadstr
North co av

so far 3 besides myself.....cmon gang...all interested say "I"....

-------------

Posted By: chadstr
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:38am

IIIIIIIIIIII, oh wait, you already know about me being there. I figured a list of stuff I wanna get done on mine that day would give some an idea of the many things that can be done there. So here I go:

change oil/filter

tranny service...oil, filter,updated sol valve

install suspensionmax leveliing kit for 3" in front, and 1.5" in rear

Install Cognito Steering pitman arm and Idler arm support system... In preperation for my new wheels and my 33" BFG's that Im getting on when my wheels are done getting made. Tongue

Maybe get several of my new decals installed...Z71 on side, chevrolet raised tailgate ones and possibly hood decals.

-------------
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.

Posted By: JoeSpicoli
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:19pm
I plan on being there.  Gonna do the 10min water pump swap out & coolant flush.  And I am thinking I should maybe check my front brake wear before hand and bring some front brakes, too.

But I wonder if I could check my alignment, too?

So, no mods, just maintenance for me.

Thanks, Ken for getting this organized again this year!

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:34pm
10 minute what? You are joking about the water pump right?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:56pm
Sure thing Joe, the waterpump is an easy swap, and alignments arent bad either unless both caster and camber on both sides are totally out of specs then it would take about a half hour to do. Dont forget about that all important tire rotation and possible balance. As far as the time involved to replace the water pump.....so easy a caveman can do it, lol
                                                          Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:57pm
Maybe I should have quoted it as "10min water pump swap out" but, no, Ken assures me it's a very quick and easy 10 minute job.

But I am sure that working by myself, I could turn it into a 3 hours job with 3 trips to the parts store.  Evil%20Smile

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:09pm

Nice...as I was posting, Ken was too!  Oh, and love the caveman comment, too!  Hillarious!

I need new tires and I might be able to get them on before the MOD GTG.  I know I didn't rotate the last ones as often as I should have.

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:12pm
now thats timing 4sure.

If you do get your tires before then just save them for the GTG and well mount and balance them there, thatll save ya $20 or so.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 5:53pm
Ken,
I need to be aligned...my wife tells me Im off all the time....what will it cost to get my truck done that day?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 4:38pm
I just got my leveling/support kits in...ready to put them in.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 10:41pm
Thats great Chad, after the install then we can do the alignment. We can do it on MOD day and it wont cost nothin cause Im doin it....

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 8:34am
Hey Chad... what all did you get?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 7:59pm
I got the Suspension Maxx torsion bar keys to raise the front 3" I also got rear spacers to lift it 1 1/2" so in the end it should will be level with a 1 1/2" suspension lift so then in 2 weeks I will have my Motometal MO957 all black wheels and some 33" BFG All Terrains and if my calculations are right, they will go on very nicely. Total heighth= 3" lift and leveled out. So since my tires will be a tad wider, I went with a Cognito pitman/idler arm support system that will support the bottom side of the steering linkages...saving the crap out of the bearing and keeping the front steering tight...pretty excited, but it will be another busy day for me. wanna help?

c ya then

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:46am
Originally posted by duramaxmaxman

The head count so far is as stands,

Avalanchuck
Chadstr
North co av

so far 3 besides myself.....cmon gang...all interested say "I"....

And it looks like JoeSpicoli will be there as well. Maybe a group reminder being sent out would help....couldn't hurt.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 12:33pm
Ask and ye shall receive... reminder email sent!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 12:53pm
Thought I'd repost the map from the previous Mod GTG at Springs Auto & Truck

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=XSL1tFlTtjiZZJsvYF7grQ%3d%3d&longitude=BRW5qMx2Nkot%2bo5TPyfVXg%3d%3d&name=Springs%20Auto%20%26%20Truck%20Service%20Center%2c%20Inc%2e&country=US&address=1015%20Valley%20St&city=Colorado%20Springs&state=CO&zipcode=80915&phone=719%2d382%2d0363&spurl=0&&q=Springs%20auto%20and%20truck%20serviice%20center&qc=Auto%20Repair - Map to Springs Auto & Truck

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:10pm
Good thinking, everybody need to be told where to go sometimes LOL My wife tells me all the time.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 1:39pm
OK just went down and got my 2 knock sensors and Intake manafold gasket $$$$(wow!) just to confirm can we buy the T-case and Dif fluid from your shop?  

-------------
Enjoy the ride

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 2:33pm
Im sure he will answer but yes he has lubes of all sorts. You can bring your own too if you have a special brand you prefer. Trust me when I say, the shop is set up. I love this GTG, can you tell?

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 2:43pm

Any hard parts such as filter kits, brakes etc sould be purchased ahead of time, therefore utilizing lift times accordingly, depending on how many members show. Fluids such as oil can be purchased at the store for a reasonable price. We use Havoline 5w-30 motor oil as well as 5w-20 and 15w-40 oil for diesels. transmission fluid is a dexron 3 synthetic blend and gear oils include 75-140 synthetic for gear boxes and the conventional 80-90 gear lube. Both coolant types are avail. being dexcool and ethelglycol green coolant.

There is a Checker auto supply store nearby and a pepboys for any last minute purchases needed.  I pretty much have all the tools needed for nearly any repair, hand tools, jacks, airtools etc are covered unless you bring your own tools. I have my own tech 2 scanner for SES lights and needed updates if reqd.

Ken
[/QUOTE]

Like he said just in case, there are stores close and the shop has a go and get it truck if yours is down!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 8:22pm
This GTG ROCKS!

I still plan on the water pump/flush, front brakes, and alignment.  Not sure I'm gonna be able to get the tires before hand, tho.

I think when I look for a house in Oregon, I need one with a shop and a garage.  Yeah right!

See you bright and early Sunday morning!

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 11:02pm

Hey Matt, yes we have the fluids there that you need but I am running short on Autotrak fluid for the  tcase but I will restock in time for Sunday, so all fluid fears set aside...

I think were gonna hire on Chadstr as our official spokes person. lol

Chad pretty much summed it all up in his posts so on that note I look forward to see you all again and meeting you Matt for the first time, This is on GTG that will never get old......cya guys in a few days.

Once again if theres any last minute details Ill post them as usual  Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2008 at 12:52pm

I think were gonna hire on Chadstr as our official spokes person. lol

[/QUOTE

So does it pay well? I tell you what maybe we can work in some more shop time Smile

See ya

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:11pm
Alright this is the head count that I see so far...pretty good group...

duramaxman-aka Ken-Dont know what hes doin, probably helping out, we probably all need it Tongue

JoeSpicoli-aka Joe-water pump, front brakes, alignment

NorthCoAv-aka Matt-knock sensors, Intake man gasket, T-case and diff fluid flush

avalanchuck-aka Chuck-? Not sure what he is doing

Shawnemac-aka Shawn- Stopping by sometime to meet everyone, Im certain he will get the mod bug...he is new

Chadstr-aka-Chad-Torsion keys,pitman/idler support arms, rear lift, tranny flush-filter and valve, oil change, maybe I can get Joe to help or at least give some pointers so I dont dump tranny fluid all over myself like he did last timeSmile It wasnt Joe, I forgot.

I wanted to throw something out there...I have a remote start system if anybody would be interested... they really dont take to long for me to install.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by chadstr

- snip -

Chadstr-aka-Chad-Torsion keys,pitman/idler support arms, rear lift, tranny flush-filter and valve, oil change, maybe I can get Joe to help or at least give some pointers so I dont dump tranny fluid all over myself like he did last timeSmile 

I wanted to throw something out there...I have a remote start system if anybody would be interested... they really dont take to long for me to install.

That was Darren...the 2500 doesn't have a drain plug.  Poor guy.  That would have been a good time to install an aftermarket drain plug kit. 

The 1500 has a drain plug, so there is no chance of wearing it!  Wink

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 01 May 2008 at 1:34pm
My bad, I forgot he was the one with the wet shirt all day.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2008 at 2:23am
1 more day, yay

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2008 at 4:19pm
New time - 9am!  Yep, you get an extra hour of sleep - actually, Ken says that the shop foreman asked for the later start time.  I stopped by there just a short time ago to consult with Ken about the temp of the thermostat that I will be installing along with the water pump.

See ya there!

-Joe

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 03 May 2008 at 7:11pm
Thanks Joe for posting the start time, just in case I didnt get here till late. Cya all at 9....dont forget the donuts, Ill supply the coffee...lol
                                                                 Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:44pm
Great GTG - again big THANK YOU to Ken for getting us set up to use the shop and his expertise in doing all the maintenance!

I posted the pics that I took over on CAFCNA:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,97972.new.html#new - http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,97972.new.html#new

-Joe

-------------
2002 Indigo Blue Z-71

Date Posted: 04 May 2008 at 7:06pm

Now thats some fast posting, I have about the same pics so I wont do repeats. It was a great GTG sorry those that missed it. I think everyone got done what they wanted...at least they did what they brought parts for...Wink right Chuck. Its good to see everyone again, and to see new faces. Thanks again to everybody there at the shop that let us use the shop and those that came to help out, Ken and Kevin.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2008 at 11:25pm
Thanks guys for coming out today, maybe the next mod GTG in the fall will bring more AVers. Figuring we'll do another around Sept. or so. Good job today Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2008 at 7:32am
Ken thanks again for hosting the MOD gtg!  And be sure and thank the owner for letting us use the shop again! Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2008 at 9:31pm
I sure will do that Chuck, and again thanks to all that came to attend, as long as we have enough members to show we can continue this GTG.
                                                                     Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2008 at 10:19pm
Hey Ken, I was wondering how much a alignment cost. I had to change some of my settings, the front of my truck was wanting to bounce like one of those mini trucks with Hydraulics in it. I am getting some longer shocks first but I would like to bring it in to you. Thanks oh so very much on Sunday.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:44pm
I think our alignments are 39.95 or close too. do you want it re aligned because of your setting change? or just checked after the shocks go on?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:50am
Ken, thanks for hosting the MOD gtg!  Thanks for all your help and the use of your tools!  The knock sensore issue is fixed and I am already seeing an improvment in gas miliage and power. And please thank the owner for letting us use the shop again!

-------------
Enjoy the ride

Date Posted: 06 May 2008 at 6:20pm

I think our alignments are 39.95 or close too. do you want it re aligned because of your setting change? or just checked after the shocks go on?

A little of both, once my shocks are on, I think the keys will need to be lowered even more, right now I pulled out close to 2 to 2 1/2 inches. My shocks should be here Thursday or Friday, so I will call Devon when they are on. 

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info