Print Page | Close Window

Springs Auto and Truck GTG for Sept. '09

Printed From: Colorado Av Club
Category: Local Club Events and Get ToGethers (GTGs)
Forum Name: Colorado Springs
Forum Discription: ...and the surrounding area
URL: http://www.coloradoavclub.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=285
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Springs Auto and Truck GTG for Sept. '09
Posted By: beercrazy
Subject: Springs Auto and Truck GTG for Sept. '09
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 12:58pm
Ok fellas, looks like were all set up for our 3rd Springs Auto and Truck GTG, just got the official word today.

when: September 13 2009

where: Springs Auto and Truck service center/Hurricane Motorsports
             1015 Valley Street , Colo. Spgs   80915

time:  9:00 AM to when ever were done.

lunch: lunch is provided, burgers and dogs grilled, chips and some sorta
           salad.

what can be done:  Pretty much anything ya wanna do, veh. maintenance
           upgrades, mods. This is a full service shop, lifts and all  equipment
            is at our disposal. On line service information and programm
           updateing is avail.. Any parts or fluids used here from the shop can 
            be paid for before we close the day out.
            If theres any questions or info anyone needs just contact me
            private IM or call me on my cell. 440-5732 after 6PM.

Lets get this together so we can start a head count and see
            how many bays were gonna need k.
                                                                                    Ken   "beercrazy"

-------------
Whats you AVitude telling you????

Replies:
Posted By: chadstr
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2009 at 5:43pm
Im in (as usual right) however I dont think I for once will have anything to do, unless I get some air horns Evil%20Smile

Come on everybody, this is the best GTG since sliced bread. Even if you are just needing to change oil/other fluids, you can do it all here.

Thanks Ken for hooking us up

Chadstr

-------------
Yea, My modifications on my truck are worth more than my truck.

Posted By: TCR1
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 1:55pm
I'm tentative.  If I'm tagged out on a big bull elk, I'll be there.

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 8:49pm
no problem on the hook-up lets just try to get everone together and have a good day...... maybe we can get some of the newbies there to help with mods as well. I really dont have anything I need done but Im sure everyone else would like to just do some maintenance or some winterization before the snow flies again......          

beercrazy

-------------

Posted By: avalanchuck
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 12:23am
Just moved this from the GTG Ideas to Colorado Springs... thanks Ken for setting this up!  Oh I added this to the calendar too.

-------------
2003 Light Pewter Metallic Z71 WBH

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 8:41am
Thanks for moving the thread Chuck and adding it to the calender, only 1 problem, you added it to the calender for the 8th of September not the 13th, lol

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:30pm
Doh! Embarrassed Fixed it!

-------------

Posted By: shawnemac
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 2:08pm
i will be there. Dead i need to do all my fliuds. tranny,radiator,ect..... i would like to do the elect up grades. What do you have for upgrades.

-------------
drk blu Z71 on blk chrm 22" come to the dark side!!

Posted By: classicjunky
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2009 at 3:20pm
I'm tentative, might be getting stuff ready to go to vegas, and it depends on how much of my mods i get done the first week of getting home from deployment as to whether i'll have any work to do or not. i might do all the fluids to prepare for the trip to vegas and cali. though

-------------
2003 Light pewter metallic z71

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 9:01am
Originally posted by TCR1

I'm tentative.  If I'm tagged out on a big bull elk, I'll be there.
Buy a side of beef, its cheaper, wont get skunked and you will make it to the GTG.  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 9:51pm
just wanted to post an up date on the GTG...its all still a go. Were down to the 2 week mark...pick your spots so we can have a successfull GTG....Ken

-------------

Posted By: shawnemac
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 6:49pm
iam in,My truck could use some code updates and a complete fluid change along with filters.

shawnemac   Dead

-------------
drk blu Z71 on blk chrm 22" come to the dark side!!

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 10:45am
Well I just got back from a 2900+ mile road trip so I'm looking for at least an oil change.

One more week! Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 4:46pm
We need to start getting the head count for this so that enough food and stuff will be available.

Im in,

Chadstr

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 11:05am
I'm new to the forums and don't have any mods to do currently, but will be in attendance to meet some fellow av owners and help out where I can.  I'm planning on doing a exhaust soon and would be interested in listening to some next week.

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 11:38am
I'm in!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 2:45pm
 Running list thus far:
Beercrazy
Chadstr
Shawnemac
Avalanchuck
bburush
Plumbob
Cos-Avy
Classicjunky

Maybe:
TCR1
SabreXray & Sooner Red Av
Mike G

Please confirm if you are on the maybe list.
Thanks

Chadstr

-------------

Posted By: ChrisInCo
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:27pm
The help I need is a new butt warmer on the driver side (missed it a lot last year), a torn driver side seat (trying to get an estimate on upholstery fix) and the passenger side window motor is broke AGAIN!  It's only been a year and they won't guarantee it because I was 2 weeks late trying to fix it Angry.

So I don't think I need any "mods" this time around and everytime we do a gtg, I see more things I "need"  Confused, lol!!! 

Talked to hubby, since the Broncos start at 11:00 and he invited some friends over for the game ... damn.

Posted By: classicjunky
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 7:39pm
You can count me in, probably wont be doing any work possibly fluid change, have large bbq on 12th might be a little hung over but i would like to hang out a bit and put some faces to names.  see ya all there

-------------
2003 Light pewter metallic z71

Posted By: cos_avy
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 8:29pm
Hey beercrazy...   thanks a ton for puttin this all together... so what do ya need me to bring... I am in!   also, I just had my "service 4x4" light come on a bit ago.. what does this mean I need to do??? I would like to do that this weekend if possible as well as an oil change...    I have an 07 z71... thanks bro... let me know if there is anything I can bring.. I will bring a pop up sunshade and a table if need be... just let me know!

-------------
cos_avy
2007 Z-71
...needs some more mods!

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 9:32pm

Running list thus far:

Beercrazy
Chadstr
Shawnemac
Avalanchuck
bburush
Plumbob
Cos-Avy
Classicjunky

Maybe:
TCR1
Mike G

Thanks

Chadstr

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 10:22pm
     Hey ya cos_avy  do much appreciate the offer to bring something but its all handled my friend...just bring yourself , your Av. and a camera for some awesome pics. As far as your 4x4 light coming on we can scan that there and see what lurks beneath the deep k. And to all that havent been here before, I do have a GM scanner and have full capabilities for programming on a factory level, updates and such...havent got the Hypo tuning stuff as of yet but hey who knows maybe someday.....Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:50am
Updated Running list:

Beercrazy
Chadstr
Shawnemac
Avalanchuck
bburush
Plumbob
Cos-Avy
Classicjunky
Colorado Avalanche

Maybe:
TCR1
Mike G

Thanks

Chadstr

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 8:06am
well looks like our turnout is good so far.....Ill get the food today if the boss shows up .....lol. Looks like we'll have our biggest showing so far....the more the merrier...makes it easier to do when more members show.....Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: cos_avy
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 4:30pm
right on.... I have a friend that just got an avy about two weeks ago that may show up as well. (he drove mine and was sold, traded his audi SUV for it!!!)

-------------
cos_avy
2007 Z-71
...needs some more mods!

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 9:02pm
Well my Av rolled over 90k on the trip we just made so I'm planning to replace all the fluids.  I can find the recommended fluids in the owner's manual... I know/found some but I don't see the amounts I should get.

Coolant-16.5 quarts
Oil-6 quarts
ATF-
Front Axle SAE80W-90-
Rear Axle SAE 75W-90 synthetic-
Automatic Transfer Case AutoTrack II fluid-

Any help would be appreciated!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 8:47am
Ok Chuck for a full flush of the trans its 16 quarts or if your just dropping the pan then its 7 quarts, front diff is 3 quarts and the read diff is 4 quarts...and the Auto Trak fluid amount is 2 quarts ...hope this answers your questions.....Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 10:37am
Thanks Ken!  Would you recommend the full flush for the transmission?  It is at 90k.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 2:31pm
ya I would strongly recommend it.....these trannys are good but very sensitive to dirty fluid....I do mine once a year whether it needs it or not....its cheap insurance....

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 6:11pm
Well thanks for the last minute help Chad & Ken! Thumbs%20Up

The only thing I couldn't find was the GM AUTO-TRAK II fluid (or the equivalent) for the t-case.  Any suggestions on where I can stop on the way down tomorrow?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 6:50pm
Geez I guess I need a full shopping list next time!  I forgot the diff cover gaskets... rear $3-4 (in stock just about everywhere)... front $75-80 (special order from everywhere I've looked)  Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 7:35pm
Dont sweat it Chuck, what you cant get ...we have already. The Auto Trak fluid I have plenty of and as far as the diff cover gasket we have plenty of sealer....dont sweat the small details k.... Actually the front diff has no cover it opens by splitting the case halves.....but it has a nice little drain bolt thats easily accessible....just saved ya a grip of $$$.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:50am
wow what a turn out we had today.....this keeps getting better and better every time we meet here. Its always nice to see the gang and welcome all the new members... Ive posted the picks in webshots.
http://community.webshots.com/album/574653164bblXme?vhost=community - http://community.webshots.com/album/574653164bblXme?vhost=community   again thanks to all you guys who makes this an outstanding GTG............      Ken

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 4:05pm
Once again, a really great mod/maintain/repair GTG. Thanks Ken for arranging it and please thank Terry and Kevin for us for the use of the shop and for helping out everyone. I have pics, but will have to post when I get my computer with the card reader back.

Chadstr

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 4:08pm
Here are my pics
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/chadstr/Springs%20MOD%20GTG%2009/ - http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/chadstr/Springs%20MOD%20GTG%2009/

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums version 8.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2006 Web Wiz Guide - http://www.webwizguide.info